Chapter 33

Chapter 33

"What the fuck were thinking. Mixing your fucking pills and alcohol. You could have been drowning in your own fucking vomit. Or fucking died from alcohol poisoning. You were fucking stupid. You can't even begin to understand how fucking angry I am right now at you." Jade hadn't even been up for a second the next morning when she had a furious Marcus yelling at her for the last 15 minutes. 

She was tired and hungover and more than anything wanted a drink. She wanted to drown in the bottom of a bottle and knew that would never happen again. She could feel the pain and memories starting to surface as they broke free of the cage that she had locked them in.

The bars made from alcohol were fizzling away and soon there would be an onslaught of memories that would whisk her away into a dark world of the unknown. Marcus couldn't see this. He couldn't see as sweat started to form on her brow. He couldn't see her hands starting to shake and the increase of her breathing.

He was so focused on his anger and blind rage he didn't see what going cold turkey would do to Jade. She could already feel the effects and it was killing her inside. She could feel it ripping her apart from the insides. 

She needed a drink.

"Are you even listening to me?" Marcus yelled, and Jade felt her focus snap back to Marcus.

"I need a drink," Jade said dryly, and Marcus just laughed.

"Fat chance that will happen." Jade groaned and grabbed her head. Everything was becoming static noise as Marcus's voice faded into the background. Behind the static noise, she could hear the faint sound of men yelling and gunfire. She groaned because she didn't want to hear or feel anything.

"Please, please I need a drink." Her eyes began to water, and Marcus just stood their arms crossed as he stared down at her with a disapproving look.

"No." Hearing the word no made something inside of Jade snap. She was like a rubber band that had been stretched too far and it just snapped leaving that sting behind.

"I want a fucking drink. I hate you. I fucking hate you." She went to move off the bed, but Marcus was quicker. He pinned Jade's arms to the bed and straddled her waist not that her lower body would move.

Jade tried bucking him off, tried to move her arms, but his body weight was keeping her pinned to the soft mattress beneath.

"I hate you." She spat in his face and Marcus was so fucking tempted to backhand her across the face, but he restrained himself. He knew you don't hit a woman, but Jade was pushing him further and further each day. She could hate him, hit him all she likes, but he will not tolerate her spitting at him like some wild animal.

So instead he grabbed her cheeks tightly and squeezed them together, so she wouldn't spit at him again.

"Do that again and I will hit you." Marcus deep voice threatened as he let go of Jade's face.

"Fuck you." She went to spit in his face again, but Marcus was ready and before she could he leant down and kissed her.

It wasn't a sweet and gentle kiss. It was raw, aggressive and punishing. He swept his tongue along her lips as one hand still held onto her wrist and the other was pinning her hips to the bed. Their teeth clashed together as they fought for dominance, but Marcus won. 

He always won.

When he came up for air panting, he was so distracted he didn't see Jade's fist until it came swinging into his face.

"Fuck." He yelled, and Jade used the opportunity to get out from under Marcus as fall to the floor. If her legs still worked, she would have legged it to the closet bottle she could find instead, she crawled. Once Marcus got over the throbbing in his face he looked towards the door where Jade was crawling too.