Best Friends for Life.

          “Isn’t this fun?” Sarah grinned from ear to ear, her hold on my hand firm. She began to skip along, dragging me with her. I stumbled after her, trying to keep up.

             “I don’t want to go ice-skating.”

             “Why can’t we go watch a movie instead?”

        Both Drew and I replied in unison who was also being dragged along by Sarah with her other hand. It was my first time actually going out -it's only been two days- since I’ve arrived back in Earth; hence the reason Sarah was so desperate to take me out. I was looking forward to it, but as we approached the ice-skating arena, I began to dread it. I remembered the last time coming here vividly, grimacing at the thought. Let’s just say that me and ice are not the best of friends.

         “Oh, come on!”

       “I’ll go dancing, bowling. Shoot, I’ll even go rock climbing with you instead of ice-skating.” I offered.

         Sarah turned around to face me with an even wider grin than before. “No. You –yourself- said that ‘Banners don’t give up’. If that’s so, then prove it.”

         “I did?”

         “Yeah, you kinda did.” Drew nodded, frowning slightly since he was on my side.

        “I did.” I groaned, remembering and reluctantly following after Sarah. We walked into the skating arena, heading straight for the ticket area. After getting our tickets, the three of us made our way to the benches. 

           I stared down at my pair of ice-skates, slightly glaring at them.

         “Well? What are you waiting for?” Sarah said, nodding in my direction. There was no backing out of this.

        I dramatically sighed and began to take off my boots, replacing them with the ice-skates. To keep resisting would be too childish of me. Also, Sarah is known for being stubborn, much more than I am, and putting up an argument with her is pointless. “If I break my tail bone you’re paying for the expenses. And you’re buying me ice cream until I say so.”

          “Deal.”

**

      "Sarah, don't you-don't you dare leave me!" I shrieked in a hushed whisper, gripping on to her arm for support as if my life depended on it, aware of the bewildered glances I was receiving by little kids who were close by. They skated around the arena as if it was easy as breathing, making me feel a bit ashamed since I was way older than them and couldn't even skate without Sarah's assistance. She had talked me into leaving the rail and we were now in the dead center. I was horrible at keeping balance, but part of it was because I was nervous and couldn't help it.