10

Yoongi's mind had kept him in a constant state of mild panic for the past twenty four hours, an unhealthy amount of different scenarios pent up inside his brain, which might as well have been a brick of instant ramen at this point.

He was to pick up Maya from the airport tomorrow. Yoongi preferred to have a faint idea at the least of how situations like these were going to turn out, and he ultimately relied on his judgement of character to gauge social outcomes.

But he hadn't seen her in almost six years, and for all he knew, she could be a completely different person.

He remembered how her ochre eyes turned to honey in the sunlight, and how her eyelids were often adorably puffy when she was tired. Maya would always come to school in sweatpants and one of Yoongi's hoodies, which were always so big on her little frame.

He also recalled how fiery her temper could be, but how some of her sweet, loveable traits contrasted her flame so beautifully.

The problem was, this was the past, and he had no feelings attached to the memories of Maya anymore. Yoongi sighed in defeat, tapping his fingers against his thigh as he sat on the floor, back to the wall. I'm not interested anymore, it would be a problem if she still liked me.

Suddenly, Jungkook came into his view, running down the steps so fast he was practically stumbling.

"Hey, how'd it go?"

As the younger came closer Yoongi realised he'd started crying again, sniffling as he ran up to the older and collapsed into him, shoulders heaving.
"He... Hobi answered the door a-and he... he had a fucking hickey, Hyung—"

"Woah, slow down Jungkook." Yoongi pulled him back by his shoulders and looked him in the face. "Hobi had a hickey, so what?"

"It looked fresh, and he had messy hair as w-well, fuck I want to fucking die."

"That doesn't make much sense, JK." Yoongi said wearing a confused expression. "Jimin wouldn't do that."

"Wouldn't he?" Jungkook snapped, walking quickly towards the exit. "All my brain cells are fucking gone, I need a shot. Or ten."

Yoongi sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Let's talk about it when we get back, okay?"

The younger stormed out into the cold street, arms crossed and a pout on his face like a toddler. Yoongi followed silently, knowing that he had to be very careful with what came out of his mouth next.

"Jungkook," He began, "Jimin isn't—"

"I don't want to hear his fucking name." Jungkook spat, eyes on the path ahead of him as he tried his best not to cry. "I just want to get drunk and fall asleep. That's all I want to do."

The older let out a heavy, tired sigh. He honestly wanted to do the same, but he couldn't, he had to look after Jungkook...

Ah, fuck it. It's what he wants.

"Let's stop by the liquor place on the way." Yoongi smiled as Jungkook turned to face him. "I have this shit you have to try."

The two boys bought a cache of booze and carried it back to Jungkook's place, the younger's mood seemingly lifted as he was talking and laughing and not thinking about Jimin for once.

They reached Jungkook's front door and as he went to grab his keys from his pocket, a ding came from his phone. He paused and checked the notification, shoulders sagging as soon as he saw the sender.

"It's from Jimin."

Yoongi let out a small sigh. "I think you should answer it. You need an explanation."