7

February 16, 2019

Life hadn't been easy. With work getting busier every day and having to make sure the kids were well and happy, I felt as if my head would explode with stress. At this point, it didn't seem like a bad idea to me anymore.

5SOS released their new song Who Do You Love, a collab with people I didn't care for, but I still listened. Luke was right. I'd be angry and a little sad if I listened to it. It wasn't written by them, but Luke said Ashton felt the lyrics touched a soft spot for him.

Eli and Ella were enrolled in a private school, where I knew they would get the best education. Richard would sometimes take care of Jack, but he got too flustered by his constant crying that I couldn't go an hour at work without a phone call from him. So, as distracting as this was, I had to take Jack to work with me. I was in opposition to putting him in a day care.

The three were good practice, you'd think, right? Richard got so impatient with them though and he had since regretted his tries at making me rethink how early we should start on having our own kids. I never would've thought that sheltering a few kids would be able to piss Richard off in the greatest of ways.

Recently, Richard had come off as annoyed with me and the kids. He hadn't been around much and I was beginning to have huge doubts. Doubts about what Richard wanted, doubts about this engagement (even though they had lingered around since the minute I said yes), doubts if we were really "in love" like we convinced each other and ourselves that we were.

I pushed the stroller that held Jack and either side had Eli and Ella holding on as we walked down to my office. I could feel the stares from strangers as I walked with three kids, their judgmental stares, wondering why someone who looked as young as me had three kids and had their heels clicking against the concrete sidewalk like she was on top of the world. I should've opted for flats today, if I would've known that I'd be taking the kids to work with me because Richard was too busy with other things to watch them. Other things probably meaning, hiding away in the library, or getting an early start on bar hopping with his college friends, and who knew what other bullshit.

Nevertheless, the rude glances I was receiving did not stop me from holding my head up high and walking with self-assurance.

"Talia!" Trixy ran up to me the second I entered the floor of the store. She gave a friendly wave to the twins. "Glad you could make it in. We have our phone lines ringing off the hook because that five es-oh-es band put in a good word for you guys."

"Five sauce." I corrected.

"Yeah, them. Does it matter?" She asked, taking the car seat part of Jack's stroller out and carrying him for me as we walked up the stairs. I held Eli and Ella's hands, leaving the stroller in a closet downstairs. "Every caller has been directed to each of your emails, but they're piling up so quick, Jet and Noelle can't even respond quick enough."

And that was how I got enticed in responding to about twenty emails and answering too many phone calls, all while trying to make sure Jack wouldn't cry and the twins wouldn't staple their fingers together.

The moments where emails were backed up and phone lines were busy, I wished that Jet would allow the other workers to respond back to emails and answer the phones. I mean, that was what they were there for, right? But the other people working in the offices seemed to be more for show rather than work if you looked closely or had no idea what the business was all about.

No matter how many times Noelle and I tried to convince her that having the others help out would be very beneficial in many aspects, she refused to listen. It would be her own damn fault if she ended up with premature gray hairs and horrid wrinkles caused by stress because she wanted to be stubborn and have everything done by us.