2.5

*unedited*

Sun Hui had been spending the majority of his time just being close to the Emperor, analyzing every feature to find some kind of connection to Wang Shuo. Everyday, it seemed like the Emperor acted more and more like Wang Shuo. Here and there, Sun Hui also caught on lines he remembered Wang Shuo saying in the last world.

It could've been a coincidence, but that theory just seemed to become more and more unlikely. Sun Hui was...conflicted.

Right now, though, he was going to focus on getting closer to the Emperor in hopes of promoting Fan Jiahao. This was the only "advantage" he'll take from him.

"Xiao Jingyi, are you listening to me?" Emperor Yang Jun leaned towards him, his breath fanning his face as he whispered those daring words.

Sun Hui gulped at the close contact, "What?"

The Emperor sighed, shaking his head, "Stop hanging around Fan Jiahao so much. I fear that he's the one taking over your thoughts, and the one you're poems are about. You're way too close to my liking. You should focus more."

On me, the left over words continued in the Emperor's head.

Ah, yes. Sun Hui had noticed that the Emperor had been getting more jealous and grabby for his attention lately, Such a big baby.

"Servant doesn't just think about Fan ge. Don't misunderstand Servant, I care for him, but he's not the one that plagues me. Servant has a lot on his mind, Your Imperial—"

"That name is boring," the Emperor sighed. "You only call me that. Why don't you call me by name? We're familiar enough."

"Ya—"

"Not that name either," the Emperor said, placing a lingering hand on Sun Hui's right arm. "If we're friends, we should treat ourselves as such, yes?"

He's...so close...I can't tell if he is teasing me to get inside my head or if he's going to kiss me, Sun Hui thought, his breath erratic.

"Servant finds that disrespectful," he excused.

"Don't call yourself that, either," he said, his hand slowly moving up Sun Hui's arm and leaving slight tingles behind his feathery touch. Sun Hui could feel his dick twitch, but thanks to his preservation it stayed down. "I'm your Emperor, yes? No one else. My word is law. So do what I say."

His auburn braids fell over Sun Hui's right shoulder, tickling him slightly by the soft material. The Emperor gripped the back of the chair with his freehand.

Sun Hui, still feeling uncomfortable with the prospect of even calling royalty so familiarly, stuttered, "Du...Du Qiang...?"

The Emperor's lip upturned into a smirk as his red eyes bore into Wen Jingyi's moist black ones. He wanted to tease him more, wanted to see all of his reactions. He wanted to play and touch with his body, claiming it. At this point, Emperor Yang Jun didn't care if the boy was or was not the one he should be looking for. He was already captivated by him.

He made sure his lips and teeth slightly grazed Wen Jingyi's ear as he said, "Good boy."

Sun Hui's heart was pounding. It has been at most three or four days spending the night at the palace. Everyday, Sun Hui made sure to write to Wen Jingyi's parents in order to not have them worry about their son. When they found out about the news of him being a poet at the Imperial Palace, his parents were more than happy to support him and let him stay as long as he needed.

But in those three or four days, Sun Hui couldn't help but feel attached to the Emperor, But I can't betray Wang Shuo like that! If he's Wang Shuo...then I can think these things.