Chapter 5: The League of Villains

Dedicated Chapter Song: Warriors - Imagine Dragons

Here we are don't turn away now. We are the warriors that built this town from dust.
(U.A. Students)

I remember thinking that day that the sun was way too bright

I remember thinking that day that the sun was way too bright. I don't know why, but I actually agreed to go on the field trip to the USJ. Maybe I would've regretted it, had it not been for the important lesson it taught me.

"Hiro!" Kaminari waves me down. I tug at my blue jumper, which was a size too big for me, and look over at him. "Wanna sit next to us on the bus?" He's standing next to Kirishima and Bakugou. I only shake my head and slide my earbuds in my ears, playing classical music to drown everyone else out. Iida attempts to get everyone in line so we can get on the bus, but once inside he realizes that his plan wasn't necessary.

I hide at the back, away from the crowd, and continue to listen to music while the others bickered. At one point during a break in my playlist, I overheard Asui say something to Bakugou that pissed him off. It was kinda funny for once to see him get teased and I just couldn't help myself from barely smiling.

Yaoyorozu waves to me from further up on the bus. "You okay back there, Hiro?" With a shy nod, I wave back. "Mhmm!" Everyone quiets down as Mr. Aizawa announces that we've arrived. Well, that wasn't too long of a trip.

I was the last one off the bus and stayed relatively to the back of the group as we approached the enormous training facility. There was no telling what was waiting for us inside.

We were greeted by Pro Hero: Thirteen and introduced to the disaster zones of the USJ. "There's the flood zone, landslide zone, conflagration zone, etcetera. Every disaster and accident you could ever imagine. I built this facility myself. I call it... The 'Unforseen Simulation Joint'! So it really is USJ!"

Students like Deku and Uraraka were gawking at the pro hero before them. "It's the Space Hero: Thirteen!" Deku gasps in delight.

"Whooooa!"

"He's a gentleman hero who does his best work in rescue scenarios!" Deku explains. Uraraka squeals. "Ooh, I love Thirteen!" Nervously, I tug at my jumpsuit. It was only too big because I was malnourished. In fact, that size was the smallest available. Perhaps I should consider taking a bit better care of myself. I glance up as Mr. Aizawa approaches Thirteen.

"Thirteen," he speaks, looking around the USJ intently. "Where's All Might? I thought he was meeting us here."

"About that, Eraser," Thirteen replies. "It seems he just about reached his limit during his morning commute," I wasn't sure if it was just me, but I noticed Thirteen holding up 3 fingers discreetly. If I had to guess, that's how long All Might had before his quirk transformed him back. "He's resting in the break room. He said he'll try and show up near the end of the exercises."