|51| mulan

Future² author-nim back again! Wow, you've made it far... Maybe this story deserves votes? 😗

I lay between the sheets of my bed, my nostrils creating loud snores from the stuffed nose I've acquired in this weather, until the ringtone of my phone blares through my ear and bells me awake. I groan and answer the call blindly without checking the ID.

"Hello...?"

"Lilo!" Mina's voice shouts amongst a ruckus of background noise. "It's Boxing Day! You better get to the mall fast if you want some of these deals!"

I shift my eyes to the side lazily, curling my body over the side of my bed until I dangle upside down with a clear view of underneath the legs that support my mattress. Yep, the duffle bag of money is still there. I won't be needing shopping discounts anytime soon.

"I'm good, get some deals without me." I sit back up.

"Suit yourself!" She hangs up in a rush. I sink my head back into my pillow and groan quietly, cuddling the cushion nearest to me. I soon realize that it's not just any random cushion, but a duck plushy. The vivid memories of last night creep into my mind.

—FLASHBACK—

I blink rapidity at the face close to mine. Soothing warm breaths blow against my nose and lips when he utters those three words.

Taehyung clears his throat and leans back, tucking one hand into his pocket and using the other to lightly pull my wrist.

"Let's go. It's getting cold and late."

...Neither of us said another word that night until we reached my house, and that was "Goodnight."

—END FLASHBACK—

It took so long for me to sleep with those words circling around my mind.

Taehyung loves me? As in... loves me? I've never been told that before... What does that even mean?

One would think I'd know the meaning to words so simple a second grader could explain them, but hearing it from Taehyung... I just don't understand what his definition of love is...

As I scan my room I realize just how much of the stuff in here now links to Tae. The necklace on my drawer, the phone beside my head and plush cushion in my arms, the strips of photos on my desk and bag beneath my bed... What's going on? It never used to look this way.

My phone then buzzes with a text from Tye.

Tye: morning babe, how was your Christmas? x 💕

Oh no... I completely forgot. Ugh, how could I allow Taehyung to kiss me when I have a boyfriend?!

I guess I'll just have to keep it a secret from Tye until further notice. At least until... I know if I love Taehyung back.

"What time is it..." I mumble to myself, rolling onto my side to check my alarm clock. 10:49 am.

I better start getting ready for work. Hopefully things won't be awkward today.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ ❄️

The workday runs as usual, though it was a little sad taking down the Christmas decorations. Teddy looked like she wanted to cry.

As we draw nearer to closing time, I collect dirty dishes from around the diner and pile them together, bringing the stack into the kitchen and placing them in the sink before turning the faucet.