XIII

i know you the way a ghost knows its shadow~mia hollow

~mia hollow

Rose sat up quickly as the door to the studio practically flew off it's hinges

Rose sat up quickly as the door to the studio practically flew off it's hinges. A frantic Roman appeared not a second later.

"Roman...is everything alright?" She asked concerned. He looked more disheveled than she'd seen him in his office.

"I'm...I'm fine," He said. He shook his head quickly after. "No, I'm not fine."

Rose's eyebrows furrowed. What did he mean? "What's wrong?"

"I...I wanted to a-ask you," Roman croaked out. Rose would've laughed if she wasn't so concerned. "If you would..."

Rose leaned ever-so-slightly forward in anticipation.

"I wanted to ask you if you would go on a lunch date with me?" Roman breathed out quickly, heaving a sigh of relief.

I'm so goddamn nervous, he thought. I'm never nervous!

Rose's cheeks tinted pink at his question. He wanted to take her out on a date?

"I...I thought you were busy?" She asked.

Roman quickly shook his head, a little embarrassed. "I-I'm not...er, I was..."

"...but now you're not?" Rose finished for him.

He nodded his head and looked up at her through his lashes.

Rose was utterly confused. Was this the same man blaming her for Fenris staying and not looking at her once when she wanted to have lunch?

"Y-Yeah, sure," She said breathlessly. "Lunch sounds good."

Roman's face lit up like a Christmas tree and she couldn't help but smile back.