Chapter 24

Inhaling the freshly brewed tea that was just served a moment ago, Ming took a little sip before sighing in content.

His soul felt at ease enjoying the warm liquid that glided down his throat into his belly, leaving behind its sweet, comforting taste lingering on his tastebuds.

He carefully made sure Jun was snuggled up in one arm tucked in carefully, taking sips of his tea with extra care to avoid any spills landing on his precious baby and himself.

"I want to thank this benevolent young master once again for saving us back there. We mother and daughter pair would be in a much grave situation if it weren't for your intervention."

Old Lady Li expresses her gratitude once more, she was about to kowtowed on the floor until Ming carefully set his tea down, hands waving frantically as he hurriedly try to dissuade her from continuing her actions.

To be honest her action startled him, making him want to spit the tasty liquid back out.

"Please, no need to kowtow! It was my own decision to step in the first place. I'm just really glad to help you both on time..."

Suddenly a realisation hit him in which made him scold himself inwardly, "Oh my where's my manners I haven't introduce myself to you both! My name is Heng Ming but you could call me Ming instead, skip the formalities."

"It's nice to meet you Ming. My name is Li Daiyu but locals around here call me Old Lady Li instead. And the young lady beside me here is my daughter Li Fen."

"Thats me." Li Fen chirped happily, a cheeky smile graced her lips.

"Hehe nice to meet you both and if you don't mind can I call you aunty Li instead? Ah I'm quite new around here— ha-ha."

Ming scratched his cheeks shyly, gaze full of unsure and anticipation as he waits for an answer.

"I don't mind dear." Aunty Li replied, a gentle smile graced her lips that was filled with warmth.

"So what's the little one name?" Li Fen questioned curiously, shifting her seat close beside Ming's own.

"Oh my gosh! I can't believe I didn't introduce my precious baby!" Ming smacks his head, how could he forget to introduce his lil bean right in his arms.

Shifting closely to Li Fen, he shuffled his arms a bit to let her have a better look at his baby boy.

"Well, this cutie right here is my son, Heng Jun!"

He proudly showed off Jun to Li Fen who giggle at his, well what she would call a 'Proud mama' moment.

Before long both individuals found themselves talking with one another, conversing about whatever topic comes to mind.

They click so well together, like they were long-time best friend's with the way how close they look and how comfortable they are with each other presence, one definitely will think that's the case.

While both of them converse with each other, Aunty Li on the other hand kept silent. She gaze around the restaurant that was given to her after her parents passing.

She engrained the place deep into her heart and mind, reminiscing the past that flash by like a movie.

From childhood to where she was at now. This place used to be a popular establishment back when her parents was still alive until throughout years customers were slowly declining. Before long it was only a few that visited or those that they knew personally.

Maybe it was time... To sell this place off.

Her daughter and herself can't keep with the revenue with this place any longer and it barely provided enough income to keep them stable as days passes. Especially with today events where she was close to losing Fen it really got her thinking deeply about the matter entirely.