Chapter 5 - The beginning to the end.

Sorry, guys I meant to update earlier this week, but life got in the way. Just so you know this chapter is quiet long. So be prepared.

We have been driving some time on the road not sure where we were heading to. My dad tried to avoid major highways as much as possible. Looking out the window, I could see the sun rising. While we drove I just kept praying those aliens don't find us and thinking what will happen to us if they did. What if they are like the aliens on the movie 'Alien' or 'Predator'? I turn around in my seat several times looking out the back window making sure we weren't being followed.

My action seemed to have caught my mom's attention since she spoke up. "Kat, why don't you try to catch some sleep? It will keep your mind off things." With that being said I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

"Oh you got to be kidding me!?" I woke up to my dad shouting out.

"What's wrong dad?" Jacob asked. We all gave my dad a concern look.

"Well the car is almost on E. Jacob, I thought I told you to fill it up full tank Friday afternoon."

"Sorry, dad I kind a got distracted with this girl. I-"

"You know what never mind. I just need to find a gas station fast or we will be walking."

Eventually, my mom pulled out a road map from the dashboard and found that there was a small town 5 miles ahead. After that we sat in silence hoping the car will hold on a little longer.

I looked out the window and saw a small town up ahead. As we got closer to the town we can see the road to the entrance to the town had been fenced off with armed men guarding it. My heart started to beat fast with the thought that they could be aliens too like the men on the radio.

"Dad I thin-" I spoke up, but was interrupted by my dad.

"Everyone just be quiet and stay calm. I will handle this." My dad said as we pulled up to the fence where two men began to approach us. One man went to my father's window and the other to my mom's. In which the rest of the men went to look around our car looking for anything suspicious. My dad rolled down his window to talked to the man.

"Look, sir, we need you to take your family and go. We are not accepting new comers here." The man said.

"Wait. Please hear us out. We just need gas and somethings for the road then we will be on our way." The man looked at my dad and us with a conflicted look on his face.

Then my dad continued. "I know they look like us, but we are not one of them. I wish there was a way we can prove it, but I can't because we don't know exactly what they are. Please consider letting us through." The man looked at us and back at his men.

He hesitantly nodded his head and said, "Let them through. You can stay as long as you like, but I will keep my eye on you." My dad thanked the man and the man introduced himself as Steve. The fence was opened for us to drive through. Once we got further into town we saw people carrying supplies to their houses and people boarding up their windows. Eventually, we found a gas station. While my dad got gas we got out to stretch our legs. I had to go to the bathroom so I went into the convent store and headed toward the restroom. After I did my business I headed toward the car; where I saw my parents talking to Steve about something.

I went up to my brother and put a hand on his shoulder. "What are they talking about?" I asked.

"Well mom and dad are thinking about staying in a hotel here." Jacob said.

"Really, I'm glad because I would like to sleep in a bed instead of the floor."

I saw my parents walk over to us after they finish talking to Steve.