Chapter 49 - Her Sacred Purpose

** adult content - discretion advised **

James carried his bride into their bedroom, her eyelids fluttered in her drunken state.

It had not taken much to get her drunk, and for that James was thankful to the wine.

He laid her on her back against the sheets which he prepared specially for this occasion. The sheets were brand new, fluffy and white he even sprayed them with scents of lavender. Around the room he light up candles and had beautiful red roses on the night stand.

Elizabeth was still awake but her body felt numb.

James stood over her, admiring her small body in the dress, her delicate tiny fingers resting on her chest, listening to her soft breathing.

The sight of her, so submissive, so pure, so angelic was enough to make his body shake. He fell to his knees, and began to pray.

He was nervous, there was something inside his chest, something tugging at his heart, telling him that what he was about to do, what he wanted to do more than anything these past couple of months; there was still time for him to stop. Still time for him to repent, to truly save Elizabeth from his own grasp.

Stop.

Send her home.

She is just a child.

The last whispers of his sanity were tugging away at him, screaming in his ears but sounded so far away.

The tar that had taken a hold of him was over bearing, it had consumed him whole and he had not the strength to walk away from it. Through his eyes he could not decipher what was sin anymore.

The only sin to him, was not consummating his new marriage with his wife.

"That would be sinful," he told himself "...she needs me, our souls... are made the same,"

He took hold of her hand, his eyes were tearful as he watched her breathing softly, "I am the only man worthy of her purity."
He spoke convincing the annoying small voices of sanity ringing in his ears.

"She's mine. Out there, she would rot," his hand griped her a little harder as he grew angry thinking about all the meddlesome people in her life from her uncle to her boyfriend. "They'll ruin her, they'll inject nothing but vile, vicious things and then she will be damned, then she'll turn to nothing."

Elizabeth turned her face to him, "James ?"

"It's alright love, I'm here to save you," James smiled at her.

He had silenced the last remaining voices urging him to stop. The darkness enveloped him, and he was now ready to move forward and begin this new chapter with her.

He moved onto the bed and pulled her arms out of the dress, lifting her veil over her face, finally sliding down the delicate fabric down her legs.

His hands tenderly smoothed over her thighs, upwards to her stomach, rounding around her hips. He wanted to feel her whole body, he wanted to touch and taste every part, intake all her scents.

James marveled at her beauty, to him she looked the same despite the fact that she had lost a significant amount of weight, to him she was the same as day he met her during the warm July.