Febuary 16th, 1959

It was pretty late and we were all standing around in a corner at the Cavern Club. The boys had played here a few times before, and their performances were becoming greater. More people around Liverpool began to know who 'The Quarrymen' were.

I stood next to George, hand in hand, rubbing my thumb across the top of his hand. Cynthia was here with John and Paul was still alone, waiting for Dot to show up. She was a few hours late and we have all began to worry.

"Maybe you should go find her," I said, for about the 5th time.

"But it's almost time for us to play!" Paul said again, becoming even more nervous about Dot.

I rolled my eyes and leaned my head on George's shoulder.

-

About 10 minutes later, Dot was still nowhere to be found.

"Well, it's time to play," John said, taking his attention off Cynthia who'd he'd been kissing all night.

Paul hesitated, looking away from the door waiting for Dot to hopefully walk in.

John pulled him by the sleeve and dragged him backstage.

George gave me a quick kiss and an 'I love you' before he followed the others.

"You two are so cute," Cynthia giggled, taking a sip from her soda.

"You and John are crazy," I replied, talking about their common shags and make out session.

"What can I say?" She said flipping her hair, "I'm irresistible."

I laughed at that remark and shook my head.

"But you and George!" She said again, "It's so cute!"

"Ever since he gave me this ring he's been so sappy," I joked, rolling the ring around my finger.

"He loves you, that's all," Cynthia said, turing her head to the stage.

We watched the boys walk on stage and start to introduce themselves like they always did. I saw George give me a quick wink.

"See!" Cynthia exclamied pointing, "That's so cute!"

"Ugh, stop it," I said pushing her arm. I gave George a smile and he returned one as well.

-

Midway through the gig, I saw Paul suddenly stop singing his background vocals and stare at the entrance of the Cavern.

I turned around quickly and saw Dot in the entry way. Her eyes and face appeared to be red, from crying...

"What's wrong?" I asked Cynthia, who was also glancing at Dot.

"Go ask her," she said.

I slowly started to walk over to her.

"Dot?" I asked quietly, "What happened?"

She just shook her head and more tears fell from her eyes.

I put my arm around her shoulder and walked her out of the club and into the bathroom. I took some paper towels and gave them to her to dry off her eyes.

"What happened?" I asked again.

"I-I..." she stuttered, wiping her face.

I looked at her and waited for her to keep talking, but she kept stuttering.

"What, what? You what?" I urged her on.

"I had a miscarriage..." she spit out, beginning to cry even more.

I was speechless.

She lost the baby...

I felt sick to my stomach, not knowing what Paul was going to do.

"What are you going to tell him?" I asked quietly.

"Can you tell him? I can't bear to face him with this..." Dot cried out.

"No I can't!" I exclaimed, "You have to Dot!"

"Please Diana! Please, I can't do this," she pleaded.

I gave in like I usually did and agreed.

"Thanks Diana," she sniffled.

We both walked out of the bathroom together and I walked her to the door of the club.

As she walked out I saw Paul's eyes shoot open. He quickly threw his guitar strap off over him and set his guitar down. He practically leaped off stage and ran to the door.

"Paul, no," I said, holding him back from the door.

"But Dot!" He said, looking out the window. Dot scurried down the sidewalk quickly, still balling her eyes out.

"Stop..." I said, beginning to cry myself.

He slowly stopped fidgeting and looked at me with his sad, puppy dog eyes.

I led him backstage and faintly heard John call off the gig.

I sat Paul down on the ground against the wall, and I sat down next to him, holding his arm.

"What's wrong?" He choked.

"She..." I hesitated, having the same trouble as Dot did telling me.

I took a deep breath and went on...

"She lost the baby..." I muttered.

Paul didn't say anything.

I looked up at him and his expression was blank, but his face was ghostly white.

I didn't know if he was even sad...

Maybe he was relieved...

"Paul?" I whispered, shaking his arm slightly.

John and George quickly joined us with their guitars in hand. Cynthia came as well

"What happened?" John asked loudly.

I shot him a glare and he quickly shut up.

"Paulie..." I said again.

Paul slowly stood up from the ground in a daze.

"I'm going home..." he mumbled quietly.

We watched him exit the room slowly, without saying anything else

-
-
-
😬😬😬
Kind of a messy chapter, I didn't know what to write😕