Hide and Seek

Hey y'all! I know that I am kind of slacking on my updating but it is my senior year of high school so right now I'm just tying to do SAT preps and studying really hard so I can graduate. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this!!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Maya's breath was short and heavy as she leaned as far back in the closet as she could. She was hunched down, trying not to make a sound as she could feel her body shaking a little bit. She was determined not to be found, she wouldn't be found. Not after what happened the last time. Her heart beat sped up as she could hear the footsteps coming up to the closet. She tried her best to hold her breath and not make a sound before the door swung open and she was met with a confused yet humorous look.

"What are you doing in Auggie's closet?" He asked.

"Boing!" Maya exclaimed in a whisper as she grabbed his hand and pulled him into the closet with her before hopping up and quietly closing the doors back. She turned to see him looking at her with his eyebrows raised. "Are you crazy? You're going to get me caught!" Maya said in a whisper.

"Caught from what exactly?" He asked. Maya rolled her eyes.

"Lucas. He's trying to find us." Maya said and then rolled her eyes as she heard Josh start laughing.

"You guys are playing hide and seek?" He asked.

"Hahaha, laugh all you want but the first one to be found has to pay for pizza for tonight's movie night. And if I get caught because of you, I'm making you go in on half." Maya threatened. Josh held his hands up in surrender.

"Fair enough." He said. Maya let out a breath of relief as she heard footsteps go past Auggie's bedroom. She turned only to be met with Josh standing really close to her. She took a step back out of instinct. It was then that she realized that she was now in a closet with Joshua Matthews. That thought alone brought up a blush to her cheeks.

"What are you even doing here? I thought you were going to Philly for the weekend." You said. Josh smiled as he shrugged his shoulders while putting his hands in his pocket.

"I was supposed to but I realized that I needed to talk to Cory about something before I left. I called him and he said to just come on over, that he would be home a little bit later. I was not expecting this." He joked. Maya chuckled as she ran a hand through her hair.

"Yeah well, nobody wants to fork out 40 bucks for pizza on movie night." Maya told him. Josh shrugged his shoulders.

"Why dont you just split it?" He asked her. Maya glared at him.

"Because we're not college students who think of good ideas like that." She said bitterly. He just smirked and winked at her.

"Come out, come out wherever you are." Maya's eyes widened as she heard Lucas's voice come into the room. Josh spoke up to say something but Maya's hand flew to Josh's mouth and she moved him behind a bunch of boxes that were in the back of Auggie's closet right before the door opened.

Fortunately for Maya, the boxes were tall and wide enough to hide her and Josh from Lucas. Josh's back was pressed against the wall as Maya was pressed against his chest with her hand on his mouth and his hands on her hips because there was no where else to put them. Maya squeezed her eyes shut as she could hear Lucas come into the closet and sort through the clothes. Josh instinctively tightened his grip on her waist and pulled her closer. They were like that for a full minute before they heard Lucas let out a sigh of defeat and walk back out of the closet and then out of the room Maya let out a sigh of relief as she let go of Josh's mouth and rested it on his chest instead. Maya chuckled before she looked up and met Josh's eyes.

"You know, Gorgeous. If you wanted to get this close to me all you had to do was ask." He teased her in a whisper. Maya scoffed.

"Um excuse me, you were the one that came into this closet and came to me." Maya teased back. Josh smiled and shrugged his shoulders as he started to crease the small skin that his thumb was now resting on because of her shirt riding up.

"Well when you look the way you do Gorgeous, its kind of hard to stay away." He Teased her again causing a deep blush to come up on her face.

"You cant tease me like that," Maya joked. Josh leaned down and whispered in her ear.

"What are you going to do about it?" Maya couldn't believe what had gotten into Josh. Sure, ever since they had made the someday deal their flirting had gone from a 2 to a 10 real quick, but he had never been this forward with her. She was wondering if it had to do anything with her eighteenth birthday that was coming up in less than a month.

Maya laughed before she started to take her hands off of him and turn away from him, but before she could get very far Josh pulled her back to the position that they were just in and stared at her. Maya swallowed down her nerves as Josh placed a hand on her cheek and creased her with his thumb. Then before she knew it, Josh's lips were on hers.

Suddenly the game didnt matter anymore. All that mattered that the thing that Maya had been dreaming about since she was 13 was now happening. After getting over the shock, Maya ran her hands up from his chest to into his hair and deepened the kiss. Josh's arms tightened around her waist and walked forward making her walk backwards until Maya was the one that was in between the wall and Josh. Maya smiled in the kiss as she felt Josh's hands start up her shirt. They both were so into the kiss that they didnt even hear the footsteps that came into the room or the door of the closet opening. They didnt notice anything until they heard a voice clear their throat. They both broke away and looked to see everyone's eyes on them. Josh slowly stepped away from Maya while she fixed her shirt.

"Found you." Lucas said as his eyes were as big as saucers. Maya blushed as she noticed that everyone's facial reactions were like that.

"Um, I should really get going." Josh said as he ran a hand through his hair. "I'll see you later." Josh told Maya as he out a hand on her shoulder and squeezed slightly. She smiled at him before he let go and walked past everyone to get to the outside of the closet. "Riles, tell Cory that I'll talk to him after I get back from Philly." Josh called out before he left Auggie's room and then the apartment.

Everyone just stood there as they all stared at Maya still. Maya cleared her throat as she wiped her lips gently.

"So," She started as she looked at everyone. "Who's buying?"

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________Well that escalated quickly. Anyway I hope y'all enjoyed and I'll try and update as soon as I can. Love Y'all!!