lxxix.| real life & instagram

arisa's head shot up as she heard the sound of thunder booming through the villa. see, arisa wasn't terrified of storms— in fact, she found them beautiful and peaceful. however, there are a few scenarios occurring every once in a while when one would be loud enough to shake her to the core.

the thunder would rattle through the whole building, the walls would shake, and framed photos would threaten to fall off the walls. lightning would then fill the window, showcasing a stunning yet dangerous light show of sorts. it was the type that made arisa think if it was thor up in those clouds, getting pissed for some unknown reason.

arisa quickly stood up from the small living room, running to the bedroom with adrenaline pumping in her systems. she could barely see in the dim lighting and everything looked alive and it managed to create a trail of goosebumps on arisa's arms.

scared out of her mind, arisa bumped into the door, forgetting that it was even there. she twisted the knob and letting herself in before kicking the door shut with a loud bang.

thunder rattled into the room, causing arisa to jump up in shock, emitting a squeak from the girl. the sound of laughter entered her ears, surprising her for a second.

she turned to glare at her husband who was laying on the bed, looking amused and as if he was having the time of his life. tom tossed the covers on the side, patting the spot next to him.

arisa bit the inside of her cheek, her eyes darting from the window to the bed. she was debating whether she would climb up into the comfort and safety of tom's arms or be the brave woman and go back to the living room to finish the book she was reading.

"just get in," tom muttered. arisa took a deep breath before nodding, running as fast as she could towards the bed without tripping over something and falling on her face.

arisa knew that tom was aware of her slight fear of booming thunder. she was grateful that he was always there to calm her down, but not before making fun of her for it.

arisa crawled into the sheets, loving how warm it felt against her cold and shaking body. tom moved closer to her, his arm wrapped around her frame securely and the other reaching up to play with her hair.

"you know, this wasn't the type of noises i was imagining to hear tonight."

"shut up," was all arisa said as she felt her cheeks burn and her fingers pinched his side, making tom chuckle.

arisa buried her face into his chest, a small smile appearing on her face as she felt tom shiver under her hand which was tracing unknown patterns on his toned body.

however, the smile was quickly wiped off as another roll of thunder shook through the room. tom laughed, earning a slight glare. he gave arisa an apologetic smile, pulling her even closer.

"no storms are going to get us here," tom whispered in her ear comfortingly. for a little longer, the room was silent except for tom muttering calming words and an occasional clap of thunder but this time, arisa didn't mind— not when she felt more safe than ever in his arms.

soon enough, arisa fell asleep with his fingers playing with her hair, his steady heartbeat against her ear and before she knew it, it was morning and the storms have disappeared, bringing back the clear blue skies.