Chapter 49

"Don't care about those who want you in their life only for selfish reasons."

After the movie, which was incredible indeed, Nisha left to check on her boutique and Harshvardhan went to his newly built library

After the movie, which was incredible indeed, Nisha left to check on her boutique and Harshvardhan went to his newly built library. Aahana and Atharva having nothing to do decided to take a short walk in the park near their house. It was just five minutes away and Aahana wondered why she hadn't been here before but again, it had been only a week since they had shifted here. It was beautiful. The park was nearly empty, only a few people here and there for an evening walk under the dim street lights.

They sat on the bench, their fingers intertwined, surrounded by silence.

"It feels nice." Atharva broke the silence after some time. Aahana turned her gaze in his direction and found him looking around with a soft smile.

"Exactly, we should come here sometimes during the day."

Atharva nodded slowly, gulping the lump in his throat. "I don't know. I can't handle people."

"I'll be there with you." Aahana smiled at him and leaned into his chest.

Atharva planted a kiss on her forehead and sighed, combing his fingers through her hair. "Okay."

Aahana felt soothed and her eyes felt heavy as he continued to massage her head. She groaned and blinked, pulling away from him. "Should we go back?" She yawned, her eyes watering a little. "I'm so tired."

Atharva hummed in response and they both walked back to the house, locking the door behind them. Everything was dead silent and he frowned.

"What time is it?" Atharva asked Aahana as he switched on the lights.

Aahana glanced at the time and realised it was almost midnight. Her eyes widened and she turned to face Atharva who mirrored her expression.

Panicked, she went to the kitchen and she was relieved when she read the note on the counter.

Dad and I have eaten. Dinner is in the oven, heat it when you're back with Bhai. ;) :)

She mentally thanked Nisha and heated the fried rice Nisha had prepared. She served it on two plates and carried it to the dining hall where Atharva was seated. They both silently ate and she dumped their plates in the sink, deciding to wash them in the morning even when Atharva insisted on doing it for her.

They went to their room and Aahana could feel Atharva stiffen beside her. She worried her lip but didn't say anything. She grabbed her nightclothes and went to the washroom to change. Atharva was already lying on the bed in his T-shirt and boxers when Aahana came back. He didn't look at her when she climbed on the bed and switched off the lamp.

She waited for him to move closer like other days but he stayed put.

Frowning, Aahana shuffled closer and snaked her arms around his waist, snuggling into his chest. He froze and Aahana could sense his discomfort when he let out a shaky breath.

"Are you okay?" She pulled away from him.

"I—" He swallowed. "I'm kind of afraid after yesterday."

"Do you want me to sleep in the other room?" Aahana sat up and switched on the light. She felt her throat clog and tears brim in her eyes but she had to give him space, she told herself. So why did this feel like rejection?

Atharva held her arm with his trembling fingers and stopped her. He knew she was breaking inside every time because of him. He pulled her beside him and touched her face, caressing her cheek. He felt his fear resurface but he pushed it away as he thought of Aahana. "I love you."

She smiled despite the heaviness in her chest. "I love you, Atharva."

Maybe he could do this? He thought when her voice rang in his ears. He had nothing to lose except Aahana and he didn't want to be too late. They were married for a year now and she had given him more than enough space. It dawned upon him how he was the one pushing her away all the time while she never failed to do her part.

His heart clenched and he shut his eyes. He inclined his body in her direction and placed his palm on her waist, pulling her closer. He placed his lips on hers and she tensed at his suddenness. A moment later she was kissing him back, her hand cupping his neck and slowly sliding into his hair.

He broke away, panting but that didn't stop him this time as his lips met her jaw and trailed soft kisses down her throat. He nibbled on her neck and she let out a gasp in surprise.

"Atharva!" She breathed out. Her toes curled and she held onto his shoulder tightly. "W-what are y-you doing?"

He gazed up at her and met her glassy eyes. "Seeking your embrace."

"Wh—"

"Shhh...'" He pressed his finger to her lips. "Let me, please."

She nodded hesitantly, her heart accelerating. He sat up slightly to remove his T-shirt and Aahana found her eyes take in every bit and piece of him. He must have spent a lot of time in the gym to have a body like that.

"Don't look at me." He gulped.

"Why not? You're hot." She commented shyly.

Atharva's breath hitched in response."My scars are ugly."

"I love them."

"You don't mean that."

"Oh, I do." Aahana suppressed a smile. "I love everything about you."

He stared at her, his orbs hazy and his lips slowly curled up into a sexy smile. His fingers unfastened the buttons on her shirt and she closed her eyes when she felt his hand brush against her bare shoulder while taking it off.

He leaned down towards her, supporting his weight on either side as he slid in between her legs. His lips captured hers for the second time, and he devoured her mouth, letting his tongue slip into hers and discover the sweetness which he had yet to taste. She moaned and trailed her fingers on his back, feeling an ache and burn in her stomach. She involuntarily wrapped her legs around his waist and his jaw locked in response. He let out a gasp and stopped short when he felt her fingertips brush against his scars and cuts. His past momentarily played in front of his eyes and he broke apart, trembling.

Aahana's eyes flew open and she mentally cursed herself. "I'm so sorry." She sat up beside him and fisted his hair gently. She rubbed his scalp and he relaxed, resting his head on the headboard. She handed him a glass of water and he gulped it down in one go before handing it back to her.

He muttered something under his breath and shook his head. Aahana watched him silently when he took her hand in his and pressed his lips to them. "I have to stop."

"It's okay." She bit her bottom lip and looked away. She grabbed her shirt but paused when Atharva held her hand.

"Let it be."

Her cheeks warmed up."Shut up!" She threw a pillow at his face.

"I didn't say anything." Grinning, he caught the pillow and grabbed her arm, pushing her down on the bed and climbing atop her.

"We were to stop." Aahana reminded him and he paused, flushing.

"Yes, of course, I said that." He switched off the lights and settled on his side of the bed, wrapping his arms around her waist.

She shivered. "Good night."

"Night, Aahana." He buried his face into the crook of her neck from behind and she let out a sigh, falling into a deep slumber.

Please don't forget to vote and comment! ❤