epilouge

kenzie's pov
2 years later

"johnny orlando, if you drink all my coffee i'm gonna kill you when i get back home." i threaten, pressing my phone against my ear as i listen to his light chuckle.

"we'll see. if you get back quick enough, rest assured it will be full." he calms me.

"i cant exactly control the speed of the train." i remind him with a giggle.

"do your best." he says simply before hanging up. i smile lightly down at my feet as i tuck my phone into my back pocket. johnny and i have been dating for two years now, i'm now 19. johnny is 20, and he's currently waiting at my house for me as i return from my day spent with lolo. she now lives elsewhere in california, a four hour trip by train. as for john's depression, well, college definitely is taking its toll on him. but i help, he says. he's been happier with me in his life. and honestly, i have been, too. would it be too much if i said he was my soulmate?

"downtown LA, station 3A." the intercom crackles. i head off the train and look for my car in the lot, but i can't see it anywhere. my eyes skim the car once more as i frown. where could it be?

suddenly, a hand is over my eyes, another hand around my waist. i squirm under their grasp, but i can't move. the person is too strong. my heart thuds. my mind swarms as my future flashes beyond my eyes. what about johnny? my family? my friends? college?

"guess who?" i hear a voice breathe quietly into my left ear. i squeal and spin around, burying my head in johnny's shoulder.

"dork! you scared me!" i accuse, pulling away. "you said you were at my house!"

"i was." he shrugs sheepishly. "but i wanted to surprise you."

"did you drink my coffee?" i ask impatiently. he shakes his head and smiles, looking absolutely adorable. unable to be stern with him any longer for completely scaring the shit out of me, i stand on my tiptoes and peck his cheek happily. "lauren said to tell you to visit soon."

"i would have come today, but i had class." john says as he slips his hand into mine and starts walking. we obviously wanted to attend college near one another, but both ended up attending the same one. it's a stroke of pure luck.

"i know." i say as we round the corner and my car comes into sight. oops. i forgot i parked it there. i unlock the car and slide into the front seat as johnny takes the pedestrian.

we start the short drive home and crank up the radio, singing off key karaoke as we did the day john asked me out. within minutes, we're at my house, snuggled up together underneath a throw blanket.

"you don't want your coffee?" johnny asks as i squirm closer against him in an attempt to get comfortable.

"i'm too lazy now." i say with a smile.

"fuck, i could've drank it." johnny complains as i continue to adjust myself. he notices my discomfort and wraps a muscular arm around my waist, pulling me close to him and cushioning my head. i blush and nestle my head against his neck. i grab for the remote with my free hand- my other hand is wrapped around the back of john's neck. i turn on the tv and click on To All The Boys I've Loved Before.

"again?" john asks with a knowing smile.

"yes, again, shut up!" i say firmly as i adjust to face the tv. i smile as the screen comes to life. johnny and i laugh at all the right moments. when peter kavinsky enters the screen, i sigh audibly.

"still obsessed with him?" john sighs.

"yes, quiet!" i breathe as peter starts to talk.

"mackenzie!" johnny complains, vying for my attention. i giggle and turn around to face him in his arms, kissing him quickly. he smiles faintly as his eyes lock with mine. his green eyes glisten playfully, as they do when he's happy. he really does have the most beautiful eyes. sometimes they're striking emerald green, and other times, a faded green with streaks of brown. right now it's a little of both. my heartbeat quickens at his pure perfection before i lay my head on his chest in an attempt to mask my admiration. i close my eyes and start to drift off to sleep, the movie playing in the background now.

"kenzie?" johnny asks softly. i can feel his chest move up and down the tiniest bit as he talks.

"mhm?" i ask sleepily.

"i love you." he whispers, his lips grazing the top of my head, the ghost of a kiss. it's not the first time he's told me, but every time it drives me crazy.

"i love you, too." i echo, feeling like a baby wrapped up in johnnys arms. like i'm some precious thing he needs to protect. because he loves me.

and with that thought on my mind, i drift off into a much needed sleep.

um okay so this is my favorite chapter ever – and, unfortunately, brings an end to this book. thank you all for all the attention, it really helped me to improve as a writer, knowing that people were reading and enjoying my work. i cannot thank you enough for the reads, votes, and comments you guys left me! it warmed my heart every time <3 u can read my newer book, meant to be if u wanna ;) ily all sm!
-ria (: