Chapter 11

Hello lovelies here's chapter 11 I hope you enjoy! Sunday will be the new day for uploads. Please tell me what you think, comment and vote :-)

James' POV

I walked in to find my beautiful mate and my mom laughing and smiling. I have rarely seen her smile, and this is my first time hearing her laugh since my dad died. She turned to me with a smile and the old glint had returned to her eyes.

"Speak of the devil." she winked, "I have had a lovely morning getting to know your charming mate. I should leave you two." turning back to Penny she said goodbye, "I am so glad the moon goddess gave me a second daughter. If you need anything let me know."

She whispered in my ear while kissing me on the cheek before walking out of my room. I smile turning to see my mate beaming, however, my smile falls when I look to see her breakfast plate.

"You didn't even eat half of your breakfast. Was it not good? I can have Nancy cook you something else."

She stopped me by whispering, "there was nothing wrong with it. I just got full."

"How that is barely any food." looking down she began to fiddle with her hands.

"Percy rarely remembered to feed me, and when he did the portions were small. If I eat too much I will just throw it up."

Ezra growls and I turn around so she can't see how angry I am. Taking a deep breath I mindlink Dr Hayward letting him know his presence is needed. I hug Pennelope, letting her sent calm Ezra.

"I am so sorry Penny. I called the doctor, and he is on his way. Don't worry we will figure everything out, everything will be okay."

When Dr Hayward entered the room, I could see confusion on her face.

"That's not the doctor." she whispered.

"The older doctor, Dr Mendel is our packs surgeon. This is doctor Owen Hayward. He is our packs psychologist, and PCP. He also is really into nutrition. He's also one of my best friends." I say giving Owen a hug.

Penny leans in, trying to be quiet, "He's so young. Is he any good?"

Owen let's out a chuckle, "I am twenty-seven. I have always been an older brother to Noah and James. Because I am in a pack, I was able to pursue an accelerated course of studies. I've been practicing for a couple of years now."

Blushing, Penny looks mortified. "I am so sorry. I am sure you are highly qualified. Nice to meet you Dr Hayward."

"Please just call me Owen. Now James, I am going to ask you to leave so I can get to know Pennelope, and come up with a course of treatment."

"I'll give you some time. Penny if you need anything just shout." I whisper kissing her forehead.

I quickly leave going to the forest. Ezra takes over shifting as soon as I made it to the trees. Owen is one of my best friends, but Ezra doesn't like the idea of leaving my unmarked mate alone with another guy. Although I know she has to get help and Owen can help, so I force Ezra to run instead of going back inside. I was sprinting, sweating out all of my rage in wolf form. Everytime I started slowing down, I just thought of something Penny told me about Percy. After about an hour, I mindlinked Nancy to make me a snack, and began running back to the pack house. As I walked in I saw a brownie on the counter with a sticky note that read Alpha, so I grabbed the brownie.

As I was just about to open the door to Penny's room, Owen opened.

"I am glad I caught you. I gave her some pills that will help stimulate her digestive track, and increase her appetite. She should take one at the start of every meal. I also set up weekly appointments with her, so she can work on processing everything that has happened. I will see you later."

After thanking him I walked inside to see my gorgeous mate. I was just about to take a bite of the brownie when I see my mate eye the sweet. I offer it to her and she shakes her head, but I insist she tries it. With a small smile she takes a bite of the brownie. She had a few more bites before something happened. She dropped the brownie, and her eyes rolled into the back of her head. She began seizing as her skin became a ghostly white. I mindlinked Owen to come back as fast as he can, and within minutes he was rushing in.

"Get her on her side" he ordered while grabbing a syringe from his med kit. "Did she inject anything."

"Uh yeah she had some of this brownie."

Quickly he picked it up and sniffed it. He then squeezed the air out of the syringe before injecting it into her arm. She stopped seizing, but is still pale.

"She ingested wolfsbane. This would be hard for a healthy wolf to recover from, but her wolf is weak at the moment due to the wolfsbane already in her system. Alpha I am afraid it might be too much for her, and there is not much I can do."

I growl, "What do you mean? You have to do something!"

"There is one thing that could help, but..."

"But nothing. Save my mate!"

"Actually, there is nothing I can do, but if you mark her Ezra could give some of his strength to her wolf. Mates share a remarkable bond, and it could save her, but it would make you weaker until you are both healed."

I would do anything to save my mate, but I would be marking her without her consent, and the Alpha in me is concerned about being weakened with the recent rouge movement. However, all rational thought left my mind when I heard Penelope let out a small whimper. Ezra takes over. My canines extend and I lean over my mate. Caressing her neck, I carefully sink my teeth in marking my mate. An overwhelming flood of emotions coursed through me, and as I pulled my teeth out I felt my energy draining. I curl up next to Penny pulling her into my embrace I fall into a deep sleep.