Chapter 15

Chapter 15

At the hostel, there was a knock on Monica's door in the late evening. "I think Jiyasha is back," Monica thought to herself and flung the door open.

But to her surprise, she found Pooja before her. Monica's eyes broadened and she pulled Pooja into a warm hug. "I missed you sweetheart. What a pleasant thing to see you back."

But Pooja detached herself from Monica. Her facial expressions seemed strange to Monica and she jerked her head awkwardly.

"What happened Pooja? Is everything alright at home?" Monica asked her.

"My family is alright Monica. I was so happy that I am actually returning to my best friends. Least did I know that they would betray me in this way. You both are just...just unimaginable." A dissatisfaction was prevailing clearly over Pooja's face.

Monica found herself unaware of Pooja's misunderstandings and she was trying to sort everything out. But it seemed that Pooja was not ready to speak or listen to her at all. "I think it will be better to wait for Jiyasha instead of going into further quarrels. Pooja is extremely angry on Jiyasha too."
She saw Pooja disappearing back to her own room.

Monica took to her mobile and called Jiyasha. "Oh no, her mobile is switched off. I don't know where she is now. Since the last day, even Jiyasha is also in a bad mood." Monica waited for Jiyasha impatiently.

*****

Jiyasha and Aryan reached a road side restaurant and she got off the scooter. She faced him happily as she spoke, "You know this has been my favourite place. I normally hang out with my best friends here for almost thrice per week. I just love the serenity of this place."

"You come to this place daily!" Aryan looked around at the crowded food corner as they walked inside together. The dingy place didn't seem to be expensive to him at all.

"Yes I like the place. But I understand you aren't in the habit of visiting such places or having dinner in such a cheap restaurant. But I am not rich like you and neither my best friends are so I have no other option," she told him.

"How do you know that I am rich?" he asked her frowning his eyebrows.

"Ah! I actually guessed and I think I am correct because the way you had fans at that derby match, everyone will tell that you are rich. And now you are staring at everything around in such a nostalgic manner." She curled her lips softly fearing of getting caught in her own plan.

"No I am not nostalgic. Sometimes you need to sacrifice your lavishness for the person you love." He cut his statement short.

"Love? I mean you really love me?" She caught a glimpse of his narrowed eyes.

"May be I am not sure. I do so many things against my nature just for you. I..I really don't know how I get hooked with you at times and then I actually forget who I am. If it's not love, then what is it?" he asked her knitting his eyebrows together.

Jiyasha avoided direct eye contact with him and thought to herself, "Look at him, he's trying to act smart with me. He is talking of love as if he really values it. But Mr. Attitude, you really don't know who I am."

Aryan wondered to himself, "I don't know what this girl is upto. The way she is questioning me as if she is some sort of a detective but it is true that I always get carried away towards her. If it's not love then what can it be?"

The waiter approached them with his hand written list and Jiyasha took it in her hands to go through it. Aryan saw the hand written list and shouted, "You people don't have a printed menu card or something? Or a booklet or a catalogue?"