twelve - "ill fucking kill you"

My head hurt.

I wasn't surprised or anything, I knew in the back of my mind while I drank a dangerous amount of alcohol yesterday that I would wake up with a killer hangover.

However my head also hurt because it had been laying on the hard tiles of my dorm's bathroom all night, while my body was wrapped in nothing but a towel.

I groan and rub my eyes, my skin was cold against the tiles and I sit up, making my vision go all white as my head feels dizzy. I stand up carefully and slowly, trying not to make myself go even more dizzy and collapse on the floor.

I just needed some tablets to tame my raging headache.

I try and open the door but with no success. I groan in annoyance and start tugging on the door until it opens, but only with a large clank sound and I look down to see that the bathroom lock is hanging off the door.

Right, I locked the door last night. That's why it wouldn't open.

I close my eyes and sigh, feeling as though the world was against me and I was getting bad karma. Maybe it was because I had sex before I got married.

"What the fuck was that noise?"

I silently scold myself for making loud noises as Brad's voice calls through the small crack in the door and I let go of the door handle and wrap the towel tighter around my body before stepping out.

"Are you gonna tell me or are you gonna stand there like a lost puppy?" Brad scowls at me as I stand there speechless. He had a bruise forming on his right eyes and he looked tired.

"I—uh, don't get mad at me," I say after shaking my head to clear my thoughts. "But. . . basically. . ."

"What?"

"Don't kill me."

"I'm gonna kill you if you don't tell me what you fucking did," Brad snaps and I roll my eyes at him. I shouldn't be surprised that he was still pissed off with me, just like I was with him. I just had too much of a hangover to argue with him properly.

"I might have accidentally forgot that I locked the door and have just ripped the lock off of the wall," I cringe, waiting for him to start shouting at me but he just sighs and slams his head back into the pillow.

"I fucking give up with you," he sighs and I look down at the floor awkwardly. "I'll get someone to fix that soon."

"Okay," I nod, walking over to my drawers and pulling out some underwear and some clothes to wear but he's stood up and analysing the door lock.

"How do you forget you locked a door?" He asks in disbelief, leaning with his back against the doorframe and his eyes closed. He was shirtless and wear some joggers.

"I got drunk last night and I woke up with a hangover I pretty much forgot everything I did last night," I mumble. "I forgot the door was locked and just tugged it open."

He lets out an exhausted sigh and runs his hands over his face, "whatever. I'm gonna get a shower while you change."

"Try not to drown."

He rolls his eyes at my joke and closes the door before turning on the shower. I quickly change into my clothes for the day which consisted of some white trousers with black lines running down them as well as a plain, short sleeved black shirt tucked in to it.

I had to go to the library today to print off some stuff for my assignment due next week that I should've done yesterday but I was preoccupied with getting drunk.

After taking multiple pills to try and make my head feel like it isn't having a heavy rock concert inside, I grab my jacket and sling it on, letting it fall to the bend in my elbows as I exit the dorm and lock the door.

As I walk down to the library, I can't help but wonder why Brad looked so beaten up with a black eye and I noticed that he had some cuts on his hands as he analysed the broken bathroom lock. I sigh, it isn't my business anyway.

Once I'm in the library, I sit at one of the computers and quickly start researching information for my class assignment. It only takes twenty minutes before I'm printing off a stack of papers and I grab them as soon as they're done. I would do my research on my laptop upstairs but we could use the ones in the library and print them off straight away.

I exit the library, holding the papers close to me. My head still hurt but not as much as before as I make my way through the courtyard to get to my dorm. I yawn, using one hand to rub my eyes before I feel all my papers being knocked out of my hands and on to the floor.

Alarmed, I look up to see who it was and I feel my fists clench in anger as Thomas looks down at me, "you're even more pathetic than I thought, you know."

I ignore him and bend down to gather up the papers that were scattered on the floor. I'm thankful there's no breeze today since they won't float away.

"You're just gonna ignore me now, huh?"

Once I've got all of the papers, I stand up and look him in the eye, "I should've ignored you the first time you spoke to me, because you're nothing but a player and a fucking arsehole with a tiny little dick."

He scoffs, "I don't care what you think about me, but trying to get your mates to come down and talk to me isn't cool either. I'm surprised you even have friends other than Britt."

I notice then that he's sporting bruises on his face and his lip was busted. I frown, "I don't know what you're on about."

"You fucking do," he growls. "You got your curly haired friend to come and beat me up because you're too much of a fucking pussy to do it for yourself."

"I don't know what you're on about," I repeat with more confidence, standing up straight. "So why don't you leave me alone, huh?"

"Stop lying to me!" He pushes me back and I balance myself carefully as I cradle the papers in my arms. People glance over to us. "Your curly haired friend came and beat me up, why couldn't you do it yourself? Are you scared of me?"

He steps forward and I take two steps back. The way he was handling the situation was scaring me.

"What curly haired friend are you fucking on about?" I ask quietly although I had an inkling if who he meant.

"Your roommate."

I felt my face go pale. Why was Brad defending me by beating up Thomas when he didn't even like me?

"I didn't think you guys fucking liked each other and I don't know which one of you is worse. You because you're a bitch or him because he's a piece of fucking shit. But mark my words, if either of you try this stunt again I'll fucking kill you."

Before I can say anything else, he walks past me, bumping shoulders with me aggressively as he does so. I stand there, speechless.

unedited.