|55| poisoned

You're 55 chapters in..... I MUST'VE got you hook enough to vote by now. And if you HAVE been voting, thank you sooo much! I appreciate it! 💜

For the first time, I saw Taehyung cry last night... And I cried with him.

It's like the whole thing was some kind of mirage. The reality of every graphic detail he told me hasn't yet sunk in.

But even if last night didn't feel real, his embrace sure did. I still remember it vividly, the way he hugged me like he hugged that pillow. He felt so scared... It made me want to be there for him.

...Or am I just turning crazy?

I mean... It's not like he's dangerous, right? Nothings really changed. He's still Taehyung.

"What would you like today, Ms?"

"Huh? Oh um, just a plain latte please."

I scan my surroundings of the cabin-themed coffee store, letting the scent of caffeine and morning earth from the plant vases consume my senses. The only people around are a few early bird men doing work on their laptops, but overall the place is quite empty, making for a relaxing atmosphere.

"Here you go Ms."

"Oh, that was fast. Thank you." With the fresh coffee hot now in my grip, I turn my back on the counter before noticing a familiar figure sitting across the room, staring out of the window and sipping his hot beverage. Tye.

He must be on his break. I feel bad that I haven't spoken to him much in the past few days, what with everything that's been going on. I also feel bad because... I have feelings for Taehyung.

But Tye is my first love. He was the first boy to ever kiss me, and stand up for me against Trisha when nobody else would. Not to mention he'd always cheer me up after Taehyung would piss me off. Wouldn't that look bad if I dumped him for my boss?

But he's not just your boss anymore... Is he Lilo? Not after everything he told you. There's more to it.

Ugh, this is so hard.

Dragging this on is only building  more pressure... Maybe I should talk to Tye. About taking a break.

I nervously walk onwards to the table north from me. The closer I get to him, the more apparent his gloomy features become. "Tye." I announce softly. He breaks away from the window and gives me a faint smile. "Oh, hey."

No "babe"?

"What's wrong...?" I sit in the seat opposite him, absorbing the thermal heat of my drink with my palms. He inhales through his nose and exhales from his mouth, tapping his finger again his cup. "My grandmother passed away last night from cancer."

"Oh..." My eyes slump into my lap. "That's horrible, I had no idea you had a sick relative. I should have checked up on you to see if things were okay. I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I didn't want to worry you, but I probably should've informed you about it. It was really hard news to hear because we were so close, and I have an exam tomorrow before the Christmas holidays are over... But I'll get through it with you by my side. As long as I have you I'll be fine." He delivers to me a charming smile, resting his hand on mine. He has no idea how culpable he's making me feel right now. I can't break it to him when he's like this... That would be cruel. So instead I return a nervous and guilty smile.

"Yep... As long as you have me..."

"Sorry, this is rather depressing huh? Let's change the subject. How has my beautiful girlfriend been? You're eyes look a little puffy."