Bestfriends 4

Today I took the kids to a soft play place and I was currently watching them go down a slide when I felt my phone vibrate.
Message from big bro:
I'm in town, swinging by your place later to catch up with my niece and nephew.❤️
I smiled at the thought of my brother who doesn't live in the same state but comes down when he can.
Me:Damn you don't even wanna see me.🙄 and I'm your sister.
Message from big bro:
You good Nash.
I kissed my teeth at him. Ain't been around him in months and he still got that same banter.
Message from bro:
I'm kidding, I got a surprise for you actually.
Me:
Aight well I'm out atm I'll be back in about half an hour
I saw Kai run out of the play arena with Ri behind her they were both out of breath.
'You good?' I said as I passed them each their water bottles.
Their cheeks were red and they were breathing heavily.
'Damn yall tired.' I said getting their shoes.
I bent over to tie up Ri's shoe but he pulled it back. I looked up at him and he pointed over to someone behind me. I looked over and saw these two men gawking at my ass.
I scowled getting their attention and they put their hands up in surrender
'My bad.' One mouthed.
I turned around and finished tying up the kids shoes then checked we had everything before we left.

We were at the McDonald's drive through collecting our food he passed the bags to me as I thanked him and drove off, when I got closer to home I saw woody sitting on the step waiting for us.
'Uncle deedee.' They yelled in unison
I got out the car unstrapping the kids they ran up to woody hugging his legs.he picked them both up attacking them in kisses.
I opened the door with my keys, food bags in the other hand. I kicked the door open with my foot putting the keys and food on the side.
'And I got pink barbies and orange.' Kai blabbed to wood as they all came in the house.
'Hey lil sis.' Wood said as he hugged me swaying us side to side.
'Hey wood.' I said smiling on his shoulder.
'Ooohh, you got me food?' He said looking in the bags.
'No, you grown you can cook yourself.'
'Damn, and I got a surprise waiting in the car.' He sighed mugging me.
'Surprise?'
'Nah see you want me to cook s-'
'Huh.'
'You said.'
'Who said that?'
'You want.'
'What?' I said unaware of what happened.
'Nah What's the surprise?' I said smiling pulling on his arm.
'Nah since you wanna-'
'No no you can have some food just show me the surprise.' I urged dragging him but he stopped.
'You said I could have some food right?' Woody said confirming.
'Yes you can have some of mine. Now Show me your surprise.' I said pulling him to the door.
"Open the door, it's waiting on the step."
My smile faded and my heart sunk.my mouth opened to speak but nothing came out.
'Hey.' He said shoving his hands in his pockets
'Uh.hey.' I squeaked looking at him from head to toe. He had on a black plain tshirt and black skinny jeans with black low top Air Force ones, and a gold chain.
'Can I come i-' I slammed the door in his face and stormed to the kitchen finding woody smacking on some fries whilst scrolling through his phone.
'YO WHAT THE FUCK?' I shouted at him going towards him.
'WHY THE FUCK IS KEITH AT MY DOORSTEP.'
'Lower your tone, and that's your surprise. Ungrateful ass.' He said shoving some more fries into his mouth.
'Where he at anyways?' Woody said looking behind me.
'He on the doorstep right where I left him.' I said folding my arms.
'NIGGA YOU STILL AINT ANSWERED MY QUESTION' I said getting more ticked off by the minute.
'Chill. When I saw he was back in town we catched up and I knew yall were close so I figured..uno.' He said.
'Oh my, no no no no.' I said putting one hand on my hip whilst running the other through my hair.
'What the hell is your problem.' He said
I was about to say something but the doorbell rung.
'Uno what. Ooh I can't stand yo ass' I said going out of the kitchen.
I looked at the front door and looked down seeing Kaare hug my leg. I picked him up putting him on my hip. He was like my little helper, whenever I felt uncomfortable or down Kaare would always know I don't even know how it's like he has a sixth sense.
'You Okay Mommy?' He said stroking my face with his blankie in the other hand.
I nodded my head because my throat was shaky with nerves. And opened the door. Keith looked up from his phone and his jaw dropped when he saw ri on my hip. I held him close to my chest for comfort like a teddy bear.
'Mommy that's the guy I was talking to. Hello mister.'
'Hey kaare wassup.' Keith smiled they dapped and ri chuckled. I stepped aside for him to come in. And he wiped his shoes on the mat kicking his shoes off to one side.
I put ri down and he hugged Keith's legs.
I raised a brow obviously amused. They built a relationship like this at Walmart in 2 minutes?
Keith looked at me I felt his eyes burning a hole through my face. I looked at him and his eyes averted to the floor. There was just an awkward silence until woody came. This is gonna be terrible.