Chapter 12

Monday morning, bright and early, Han Yang had a scheduled class. Therefore, the two men had made their registration appointment at the Department of Civil Affairs for the afternoon.

Finished with their breakfast, HeLian Qing ferried Han Yang to his school and upon their arrival he also reminded the younger man, "Remember to not eat anything cold or spicy."

"My condition is really not that serious." Han Yang asserted, believing the past Friday was simply an accident, and nothing more.

"Really? Then who was the one wallowing about on the bed, fraught with pain, to the point where they compelled me to sleep with them just to end it?" HeLian Qing countered.

"......" Who compelled you to sleep with them, huh!

Cradling his forehead in his hand, Han Yang conceded, "I understand, just go get yourself to work, alright."

"Mn [Okay]. Wait for me at noon so we can have lunch together." HeLian Qing mentioned, driving off as soon as he was done.

After watching the vehicle depart, Han Yang turned on his heels and headed into the school.

On his way to class, he came across one of his brothers he had eaten with on that Friday evening. As they chatted away, it did not take long for both of them to become aware of their shared problem on that day -- acute gastroenteritis. Given that, they rightly guessed the food they had consumed in that instance was definitely contaminated.

Concerned, Han Yang asked She Zhang about his condition. Once he confirmed his friend was already alright, his heart was put at ease. He had also decided from then on, he himself would prepare his lunch, just to be safe.

Originally, before noon, Han Yang and the others had four classes scheduled, but because this was the day the school had invited an executive member of a well-known enterprise to give a lecture, after the end of the first class everyone had to leave and assemble inside the auditorium.

Han Yang had been looking forward to hearing this speech prior to this day. He really wanted to listen to the experiences and words of wisdom spoken by that successful person. However, the moment he recalled he would be going with HeLian Qing to register their marriage, all those existing thoughts flew away, leaving him nervous, excited and just a wee bit curious instead.

With thoughts of the like rummaging around in his head, he could not resist what HeLian Qing said to him earlier about waiting for him at midday for lunch, from entering his mind. Was he going to come over here at noon?

"Han Yang, what're you thinking about?" One of his former dormmates inquired.

"It's nothing." Han Yang returned from his daze, accompanied by the realisation he had once again drifted off in thought, as well as, the exponential increase in his absentmindedness ever since he and HeLian Qing had been together.

"You know, recently your head seems to always be in the clouds. Could it be love that's got you so enthralled, hm?" His brother teased, "Don't forget to bring our sister-in-law along to have a meal with all of us next time, alright."

Han Yang laughed, not saying a single word, as he returned his line of sight to the stage in front of them once more.

At noon, as promised, HeLian Qing came to pick hang Yang up for their meal. In consideration for the condition of the younger man's stomach, he especially sought out a restaurant specialising in Cantonese cuisine [1].

During their meal, Han Yang chatted about the special lecture he had attended earlier, then asked HeLian Qing, "Does your company accept those kinds of invitations?"