Chapter 6

My first day off in a while.

I woke up in my room, on my bed.

I sit up with a groan. Last night, Four and the paintballs........ they hurt more than you think.

I look around my room. Black walls, black  furniture, black bed.

A beautiful  color.

On the walls, a few pictures  of my friends, Theo and Glades. Some with  Eric, and  some of myself.

And  one with  Four. I had to practically beg him to let me take it.

My heart sighs at the picture. He's  barely  smiling, a small  smirk on his face. He's  sitting up tall, waiting for  a tattoo. He has the choosing  book  in his large hands, his  dazzling  blue eyes looking  at the camera.

"No, this is wrong." I sat aloud. "I'm  with Eric. I love  him."

I hesitate. "I love  him .......right?"

I get dressed. After my shower, I put on black skinny jeans, an oversized t-shirt that I knot up at the bottom to make the shirt fit. It shows a bit of my stomach but that's  ok. I throw a bandana on my head, finishing dressing.

I had promised Theo that I would fight him, combat training with knives and staffs. So I  rush to the dinning hall to pick  up a muffin and go to the training room.

"It's  about  time, you snail." He says when  I walk in. Other people are in the room, fighting hand-to-hand, with knives, or bow staffs.

"Sorry, I woke up late. It's  my day off."

"Bow  staff or knife?" He hold each weapon  in his hands.

"You pick."

"Bow staff it is." He tosses me a staff, black and chromatic, a perfectly balanced weapon.

I stand  in the middle of the room, amd he gets into position.

"Ready?" I ask.

"Always." He smirks. He launches himself at me, knocking his staff into mine.

I block his hits, but he's too fast. He puts all his energy into the blows, hitting me over and over again.

"You were never good with the staff Y/N!" He laughs as he hits me in the back, making  me fall.

I groan. "Fine  you  win this round  Theo."

He laughs then helps me off the ground.

By then, a crowd has gathered around us, watching for  entertainment.

"You  know, they're here for  you." Theo whispers.

"They're here for  us  Theo."

"No, they want to see the best knife fighter im Dauntless."

I smile. "You're pretty good too. 6th place was perfect."

"Not as good as 3rd."

"But good."

We grab two knives, sharpened to kill.

The Dauntless around us start to cheer and holler.

Theo  and I stand in the center of the crowd, circling each other.

Theo slices at me first. I dodge his attack, sliding to the right.

He attacks again, almost hitting me in the face.

I smirk. "Close one."

My turn.

I slice at him, making  him move to my left  I throw  my knife  into my left hand, so he has a place where he can stab me.