21. "I've been married all this time...since you met me."

I stared at the road ahead of me as I pushed down the accelerator with my foot. I felt a weird sense of relief knowing that I was heading back home. Of course, I felt a bit sad to leave Damian as well.

"Please promise me you're not going to disappear," Damian had asked earlier this morning as we said goodbye.

Alexa was already waiting inside the car waiting impatiently.

Damian had his arms around my waist. I smiled up at him. "I promise I'm not going to disappear."

He kissed me hard before he finally let me go. "I love you. Be careful."

"I will," I said and then pressed my lips on his. "I love you too. Call me, okay?"

He grinned. "Every day."

I smiled then hesitated before finally getting in the car. I waved at both Damian and Aaron as I drove away. There was a sadness in Damian's eyes that I couldn't make go away as he waved back. I could tell he didn't fully believe I wouldn't disappear again. I didn't blame him. I know that only time would give me the opportunity to gain his full unconditional trust. I had already convinced myself all night that I will be back. No matter what Marianne thinks of me and no matter how much she hates me. I wanted to be with Damian and she wasn't going to keep me away. Not as long as Damian wanted me by his side.

Alexa had her eyes closed as she listening to music so I turn on the radio for some background music.

There was something so relaxing about driving with music that I loved. I was probably one of the few that actually enjoyed driving long distances. As long as it wasn't at night, of course, mostly because I know I would fall asleep for sure.

The drive back to Nevada goes by smoothly and it actually goes by faster than when we were on our way to California. It is around three in the afternoon when I pull into the driveway of the house whom is in good shape, thank God.

There were a few leaves on the grass and sidewalk but other than that-it was all good. I had been skeptical about leaving the house empty for the weekend. Little did I know that I was going to end up leaving it alone for a whole week. It wasn't that it was a bad neighborhood. I was actually friendly with my neighbors. It was just me being precautious.

"I'm so tired," Alexa said as we walked into the house. "I'm going to my room."

I looked after her, wondering why she was so tired if she had slept for most of the way. She disappears down the hall into her room.

It wasn't a big house. Just a normal size 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom house for Alexa and I. This house made me a homebuyer and I found myself feeling a bit sad that I had to sell it.

Maybe I didn't have to...maybe I could rent it. Who knew? I could have it as a backup.

Maybe Alexa wanted to come back...maybe I would in the future.

After checking out the house to make sure there weren't any broken windows or missing things, I go to the laundry room and throw the clothes into the machine. I called Damian as I made my way to my room. I smiled as I threw myself on the bed. God. It felt so good to be back.

"Rebecca? Everything alright?" Damian answered.

"Yes, everything's alright," I laughed. "You can't freak out every time I call you. I just wanted to let you know that we're home."

"I will always worry about you," He said and I could hear the smile in his voice. "I'm glad you're home." I heard some background noises on his side of the line. "Listen-I'm so sorry but I'm at work and I have to go. I'll call you tonight?"