7. Trouble in Paradise(past)

~ Its not always flowers in love, sometimes Its more about thorns that come with it~

Nandini stirred when she heard her alarm ringing again, much to her dismay. She put it off and rolled to her side, opening her eyes to the sight of the alarm clock, only to sit up with a jerk.

Freaking 7:45 am! Shit!

She was supposed to reach college by 7 am so that she could meet Manik, at the stairs. It had been more than a week that they had spend some time together. Initally, it was her science assignment and later his theatre rehearsals, it made both of them so busy that they hardly got time to breath, forget meeting each other!

And truth be told, she had missed him, so much! She had missed being held by him. She had missed being in his arms, everytime she stumbled. She had missed their Stolen kisses. And she had missed his smile, the most.

And to top the chart, they had been fighting all this while, over chats and in the few minutes they had before and after their classes. He had wanted to take her out, but she had an important project to submit. She wanted to go for ice cream, but he had to go get props for his act. They just somehow could not manage their time, and it irked both of them. That was why after so many fights, they had decided to meet this morning, but now Nandini was running late and she knew Manik would be in his monster mode, by the time she would reach.

Picking up her bag, she was about to run out when her Appa called her.

" Nandini wait!", She turned at his voice, trying to suppress the irritation.

"What have you thought about the scholarship Nandini?", He asked directly and Nandini uncomfortably shifted on her feet.

" I have not uptil. I will tell you soon!", She spoke, and was about to turn when his voice froze her on spot.

"I am telling you, if you reject it because of that stupid theatre guy of yours Nandini, I am not going to forgive you", he yelled before leaving, and Nandini closed her eyes, as she moved out.

Her father disliked Manik, for a reason she never understood. He would always try and find faults in him. Sometimes, she considered being frank about their love to her parents, a wrong decision of hers, but Manik would always speak fondly of her parents, making her understand their importance in her life.

Right now, the scholarship was also taking a toll on her. She had received a letter from University Of Manhatten, New York, for her project on Constellations around Earth, to be a part of them. It was a dream, for both her and her Appa, to see Nandini as a astrophysicist. But she was reluctant to go that far, especially from Manik, that too now.

She knew there was something wrong going on, involving his family, or his step mom to be precise. But she had not got a single chance to talk to him about it.

Thinking about all these, she entered her college, and moved towards the stairs, only to find a grumpy Manik sitting on it. He made a face when he noticed her.

" So finally, you decided to grace me with your presence?",he was sarcastic and Nandini didn't like it.

" I am sorry!", She immediately sat beside him, and she felt him relax.

" It had been so long!", He commented, as she looped her hand around his arms, and sighed.

"I know! I missed you!", She rested her head on his arm.

" And yet, you could not manage meeting me", Nandini pouted, and Manik sighed.

" I was busy Nandini, you know that, and you didn't come either", he shrugged, and that made Nandini angry.