27

Its silent for a while.

And you're starting to feel embarrased by the situation.

You can also hear his heart beating in a soothing rythym, vibrating through his chest.

"Are you okay now, Y/n?"

You figured, if he sang, he'd have a nice singing voice. It'd sound deep and mysterious. Like the ocean under the moon lit sky.

When you say nothing, he forces you to meet his eyes by pulling himself a few inches back.

Close.

He's too close.

"You stopped crying." He mumbles softly, wiping a lone tear with his thumb. "That's a relief."

This time you pull yourself together and clear the lump stuck in your throat.

As you drag your eyes to stare at anything but Taehyung, words slip out your tongue in an inaudible murmur amidst your wandering daze. "You're being touchy again."

His hands on on your shoulders and you just can't seem to move. You don't have to look at him to know he's staring at you. For some reason, his gaze is keeping you locked in place.

Something in your words flicks a switch inside Taehyung causing him to nibble the bottom of his lip as he allows his hands to slide away from your shoulders.

"Sorry. Did I make uncomfortable?"

Sniffing, you wave him off and say. "The total opposite actually. Guess I needed the comfort more than I thought I would."

And it's true. If it were any normal day, you'd have probably burried the events of yesterday and eventually forget them.

Thanks to Taehyung, the burden's not as heavy to bear anymore.

I guess sharing your problems to someone once in a while isn't all that bad.

You used to think it was cringey.

Mostly because you placed your beliefs that your problems are your own and no one else's. And that if you wanted them to be fixed? You'd have to figure out a way to get them fixed, yourself.

Guess you were wrong.

Taehyung suddenly arches an eyebrow and stares like he's caught you doing something wrong. "Do you just let anyone hug you whenever something brothers you?"

"Of course not." What kind of person does he take you for?

"Good."

You want to snort so badly. "Who I hug has nothing to do with you."

He widens his eyes. "You......I can't believe you'd allow any random guy to hug you."

If you had a cupcake with you right now, you'd have already shoved it in his mouth. "Why are we even having this conversation."

The chair screeches against the floor when you suddenly stand up. At the same time, Taehyung scoffs sarcastically.

"Just a minute ago you were bawling your eyes on my shoulder and now you're yelling at me. Gratitude obviously isn't in your vocabulary."

"I thanked you didn't I? And yell? Me? When have I ever?" You throw your backpack over your shoulder and race for the exit right after tossing your disposable cup on a trash bin.

Just as you're about twenty steps away from the cafe, Taehyung comes running to your side causing you to tighten your fingers around the strap of your bag.

"Did you lock the cafe?"

"Relax. I'm not as dense as I look. Unlike someone." He murmurs the last part, thinking you couldn't hear it.

"I have an idea. Let's go separate ways. You go left and I go right." There's a path that splits into two approaching your direction. You signal Taehyung his side of the path and your side of the path.

The reason why you're in a hurry to return home, is so that you and Jungkook can have a heart to heart talk. It's clear as day that you can't keep up with this behavior anymore.

Because not only is it killing your conscious, it's hurting Jungkook too.

You finally step in the right path, expecting Taehyung to take the left route.

He didn't.

So when you look to your side, the boy is still walking beside you.

Then again. Did you really he'd listen to you?

"I thought we made a deal."

The boy shrugs his shoulders, kicking a pebble from the ground. "You gave an idea. I didn't give a crap. You really like leaving people don't you?"

You roll your eyes to the heavens.

"Shouldn't I be the one saying that?"