TWENTY-FOUR

I groaned, struggling to get out of the ropes but my wrists only got sore.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you", a voice said, "you'll only hurt yourself"

A small orange light was turned on, making the room I was in more visible. It was small and nothing was in it, except for the chair I sat on in the center. The walls were wooden and it looked really old. Next to the door, he stood- tired bags under his angry looking eyes.

"Noah"

"I thought you'd never wake up", he smirked.

"What's going on?", I asked, "what the hell am I doing here?"

He opened his mouth to speak but before he could, the door opened and another man walked in. He didn't look at me, he whispered to Noah before walking out again. As he did, I noticed a tattoo at the side of his neck.

The same rifle tattoo as the man in my apartment.

"You're a rival", I said softly as the door closed again.

Noah grinned and clapped his hands, "now that we're getting to know more about each other", he said, "how about you tell me where your boyfriend is"

I looked down at my feet, "how?", I looked up at him, "why? Why did you do all this?", I tried to move off the chair but the ropes held me down "we've been together for how long Noah?!"

It wasn't possible that I didn't notice something. My mind scanned through all the memories of us together- there had to have been some kind of hint somewhere. He had always been perfect and caring. We met in the most normal place possible, at a charity event about a year ago.

"I don't have time to answer your stupid questions right now", Noah spat, "tell me where he is"

"I don't know what you're talking about"

"Don't fucking lie to me Bella!", he said furiously.

He sighed and walked towards me bending his knees so he could look directly into my eyes, his breath reeked of alcohol.

Noah didn't drink. He never drank. He always said alcohol tasted bland and bitter.

"I need to know where Wade is and then I'll let you go", he said softly, "for once, be honest with me"

"You want honesty?", I asked, "how about you start telling the truth? how long has this been going on?"

He sighed and nodded before standing on his feet quickly.

"You're very easy to deceive, you know that Bella?", he asked in a mocking tone, "I spent months watching you, following you and when you eventually caught me at that event, you didn't even know that it wasn't an accident-

It's not that hard to get info when you need it. The rivals began dealing in Michigan two years ago and everything was smooth until those fucking raiders showed up. We started to notice them and when we watched further, we heard they were watching a certain secretary- at her house, in her workplace, every single place she went"

He leaned against the door and slid down, sitting with his legs stretched out in front of him. I had never seen him in a state such as this- so disorganized and maniacal.

"I did my research. I found out about your high school then I saw that Wade Steele attended the same school", Noah scoffed, "a high school girlfriend the leader of the Californian raiders was still in love with? You were the one thing I knew would get me close enough to finally end that bastard"

I was played. Although I recently came to the realization that I wasn't in love with Noah, my heart clenched as I listened to him. He had lied to me, deceived me and I trusted him and cared so much about him. I introduced him to my mom, I let him stay with Stacy and I. I was in a relationship with someone who was using me to get to Wade who I didn't even know was coming back at the time.

"I didn't plan to date you though Bella, that was only necessary at the time but you were not a good girlfriend, you kept secrets from me", he said.

"Only because you always got so possessive and I didn't want you feeling insecure", I said angrily, "now I realize that was only because you wanted to keep track of me hoping that I would take you to Wade"

"Yes!", Noah yelled, "I spent way too much time waiting for you to hand that bastard to me but it was a waste"

"You're never going to get what you want from me Noah"

I wondered if that was even his real name.

He scoffed and took out his phone, "guess who called me a while ago?", he asked,  "Stacy's coming back soon, you think she'll give me what I want?", he added, "or your mom?, you forget I know too much about you Bella"

Fear rushed through my veins. He was right. He knew where my mom lived and he knew Stacy enough to get to her. I couldn't let them be put in danger.

"Don't you touch or even go near them, you asshole!", I said struggling to lose the ropes and hurting my wrists even more.

"Tell me where Wade is!", Noah yelled

"I don't know!"

I felt tears well up in my eyes, "I don't know", I said again as they ran down my cheeks, "he left, he wanted to protect me so he left", I looked down at my feet.

Wade left and if I died here, he wouldn't know.

"Ah, young love", Noah said as I heard a camera click, I raised my head up and the flash from Noah's phone almost blinded me.

"No need to worry Bella", he said as I blinked in an effort to regain my vision, "if you don't tell me where Wade Steele is, I'll bring him here myself"

I sighed; my stomach rumbled. I was hungry, tired, and I couldn't stop crying. I was alone, Wade left, he wasn't coming back, I had to get out of here.

I just didn't know how.