Police

My first mistake was not learning more about human culture before falling from Heaven. I mean you have all these stupid rules on how to live your life and I cannot possibly be bothered to remember all of them.

After leaving the woman's house I head towards the busiest area of California that I can find. The beach. I'm not too far away and it only takes a few minutes before I get hold of a taxi. "Take me to the beach," I demand. He stares at me. "Now!" He keeps staring. "Please?" I am disgusted at my manners. Who says please? 

I wave money in front of his face but he seems obsessed with staring. Eventually I have to do what I really wanted to do from the moment I first came to Earth. 

I slapped him.

We make it to the beach in record time, right as the sunrise is happening. I wonder if God and Satan have figured out I am missing yet. Julian must have. If he's been sprayed recently I bet he's going mad. I very nearly feel sorry for him. 

Getting out the Taxi (he was staring again so I didn't bother to pay him), I quickly try to lose myself in the abundance of early morning joggers and people going to work. And this is where I make my mistake. 

I cross the street. Moments later as the Police pull up behind me, I realise I may have jaywalked.

One of the officers get out the car. "Miss, you do know that there was a crossing further down the street?"

"No, sir," I reply.

He begins to explain to me that I shouldn't have crossed where I did, even though it was only eight in the morning and who really cares anyway. This is when the other officer gets out the car and comes up behind me.

"What's in your bag miss?" He asks. 

"Nothing important," I answer, thinking about the stacks of money I have stashed in it.

"Can I see then?"

"No thank you." I was polite! How horrible is that!

And this is when I knew I had messed up. One pulls the bag off of me and the other stands ready to grab me.

The Policeman unzips the backpack and all three of us watch for a moment as the stacks of money fall out onto the ground. I can hear at the exact moment someone radioing in that someone was burgled half an hour ago and money and a dress had been taken.

I leap forwards. One of the Policemen grabs me and takes me down. I wiggle until I'm free and take off. Im a fast runner, not that I do a lot of it, and I easily outrun them. 

But I can't outrun a Police car.