FORTY TWO

- Narrator's POV -

Juliet kissed him back.

It was a soft kiss - deep, and yet warm and nice and lovely all at once. His hands were wrapped around her waist, and her hands found themselves in his black hair.

Alex was on cloud nine.

Juliet slowly pulled back, staring into his brown eyes. He was a little flushed. Her cheeks heated a little - she was shy.

Juliet Ashton was shy.

Alex Camden's face was on fire, and he felt as though he could walk on the boiling sun and not feel a thing except the euphoria on his lips. He couldn't believe what had just happened.

"Was it a good first kiss?" Juliet whispered to him.

"It was," he said, "indescribable."

She grinned. He grinned.

"Was I - was I okay?" He asked hesitantly.

She kissed him again. Deeply. After pulling back, she said, "would I kiss you again if you were a horrible kisser?"

He felt happy. "No. You wouldn't. You'd tell me to my face that I was horrible at it, and that I should work on my non-existent charm."

Juliet's laughter filled the room with happiness and light warmth and everything beautiful. "I cannot deny the fact that you are a charming boy, Alexander Camden." She said softly, "you're charming to me."

They stared at each other like lovestruck fools for some time. Then, Juliet whispered, "Alex... I'm hungry." She leaned closer.

But he said, "I went out and brought you chips." Alex offered, "they're in the drawer."

She beamed. "I actually meant to be seductive, but this works for me too. Where are they?"

Alex said, "can I hold you for a bit longer, please?"

She softened. This boy. "Of course you can." She rested her head on his shoulder.

And as the sun finally set, Alex felt her hand slowly reaching out to the drawer with the chips.

"Juliet. If you really want the chips that badly, then go ahead and have them. They're for you."

***
- Juliet's POV -

They went to have dinner, and they held hands.

During dinner, they pulled Nyssa, Marie, and Cain to sit with them along with the other two. Lara, Maya, and Nikolai could sit somewhere else.

Nyssa raised her eyes and said, "what's up with you two?"

Alex's face was dull. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Juliet's face broke into a grin, unable to help herself. Alex took one glance at her and broke into a smile.

Nathan said, annoyed, "you two kissed."

The chuckling did not cease as Juliet replied, "it was a great kiss." Alex was a little red in the face.

Everybody's jaw dropped.

Alex tried to not look too smug as he ate his dinner. Questions were fired away one by one and Juliet and Alex answered them all with quips.