•1•

(f/c) = Favourite colour.

(Y/N) = Your name.

(Y/L/N) = Your last name.

(f/s) = Favourite shoes.

(e/c) = Eye colour.

---

The fateful morning you received a phone call from Mrs Heelshire was the moment your life changed. After scrounging for money and switching jobs for a solid 2 months, you finally put out an ad for a nanny job, saying any pay at all would be greatly appreciated, and you weren't fussy about the child you had to watch and take care of.

The drive up to the Heelshire's house has been a quick one, but you had been asleep for half of it, so you couldn't really say anything. For the moments you had been briefly awake, you had caught the driver staring at you, but you had also caught a good look at the misty English countryside. It was truly enchanting, all the way out in the woods, in the middle of nowhere.

Only a few minutes later and you had begun to feel your body slipping into a deep sleep. You jumped at the sound of tapping directly next to your ear, instantly waking you up. The driver had woken you up, you discovered.

"Apologies, I didn't know how else to wake you." The driver apologized to you.

You nodded slightly at the driver as if to acknowledge his and the Heelshires sincere apologies.

You frowned slightly at the boarded-up window at the top of the magnificent castle, also spotting the dark shadows that seemed to have climbed out of it. Had there been a fire here?

Nonetheless, you shook your head and looked onward, your gaze glued onto the wooden double doors of the place. You couldn't believe you were actually here. At least you were away from..

No. You refused to think of him at such a wonderful time in your life.

Before you knew it, you were slipping off your (f/s) and gently placing them in front of your baggage. Padding to the grand staircase only a few steps away from you, you turned sideways and marvelled at the staircase. It looked like the main thing to look at as soon as you stepped in the doorway from the harsh outside. The interior looked even better than the exterior.

"Whoa," You breathed.

Thump

The clock a few meters away had begun to get on your nerves, but that annoyance was soon cast away far from your mind as a soft thump had caught your attention. You decided to ascend up the stairs, turning your head to take in every piece of the nice view from the inside of the marvellous house. 

"Is anyone up there?" You called out cautiously. You didn't want to scare anyone who may have been up there, including the child, if they were, in fact, up in their room. But would the Heelshires really have left their 8-year-old upstairs on their own? That's a bit irresponsible, but they seem like responsible people, as far as one person could tell on the phone.

Thump

More thumps had been produced from the second floor, making your curiosity growing bigger and bigger by the minute. However, you couldn't help but feel you had eyes fixated on you, making you cower slightly.

The smooth touch of the oak bannister sliding underneath your fingertips made a cold shiver run through your body at a million miles an hour and made you jump. The floorboards creaked, with age and wear presumably, but that added to the creepy factor the house already proudly held.

Halfway up the stairs, you noticed an eerie-looking painting, of Mr and Mrs Heelshire and their young son, Brahms. A small lighting fixture donned it's light above the painting, giving it an overlooking shadow. You squinted at the painting, trying to find the emotion in the family's eyes, but you could find none, even in Brahms' eyes, who was presumably a happy child. However, in the past, his father had been known to describe his son as rather odd for his age.