05

Vicky West

I thought that maybe the Moulin Rouge would call me to get back, but there was absolutely nothing. I didn't heard a thing from them. So that made me clear that after two days waiting, I was currently fired and back to business at V's Café.

I had done already too much today; cleaned the windows, counter, tables, played smiley waitress, cooked, baked and put the trash outside. I was done with working for today. But in fact, I had still four hours of work to do.

Since I didn't work at the Moulin Rouge, I needed to work here more. Veronica, on the other hand, was absolutely excited about this. I will quote her ''That means we can get a bond like a mother and daughter.'' Sorry to bother you Veronica, but the last time I checked we weren't family and you would be sooner my grandmother. But I love her deeply, so I just nodded politely.

''You look obsessed with working here,'' I heard Kent saying behind me. ''I haven't seen you a day not working here lately. Is Styles making your life miserable?'' He asked while leaning on the counter. I chuckled at his words, and walked over to him. I placed the tray on the counter loudly, and Kent flinched a bit.

''I call it more being fired for the rest of my life,'' I said with this huge fake smile on my face.

''Oh, I am sorry, Vicks.'' He apologized.

''Don't be, he is an arse. I think it's better like this, I mean, yeah I don't have his cocky attitude around me now.'' I tried to make it sound like it was better this way. But I still wished deep inside that I could work at the Moulin Rouge. I really had a lot of fun there, even in such short period, and I was getting to know Red better.

''You're keeping something away from me,'' Kent noticed. ''Tell me,''

''Well,'' I mumbled. ''He might have been trying to get into my pants again.'' I said.

''Vicks,'' Kent whined. ''What did I tell you to do?'' He asked me sternly.

''Calling you whenever he was not kind to me,'' I spoke softly.

''Why didn't you?''

''Because, I just did it on my own.'' I shrugged. ''I don't know, Kent. I just don't know it. He has something what pisses me off, but I like to argue with him. Because there is this tension between the two of us that is every time noticeable.'' I explained. ''I don't understand myself right now.'' I breathed out and sat down on the bar stool.

''You can argue a lot if you want, but he doesn't treat you properly. He is trying to get inside of your pants, and that is the only thing he keeps thinking about. He doesn't care about the personality you have, and that is so wrong.'' Kent explained to me, and I nodded my head. ''Because I care about your inside.'' I looked up at Kent with wide eyes.

''Kent-''

''Look, I just care, okay?'' He questioned. I remained silent. ''I just don't want someone to get hurt right now, and I hate to see one of my friends like this.''

A loud sigh of relief came out of my mouth. For one moment I was guessing he went to a different direction than friends.

''Thanks Kent, I know I can depend on you.'' I told him, and held his hand. At the exact same time, his eyes widen. I stared at him in confusion. ''Kent?'' I asked him, and waved in front of his eyes. ''Earth to Kent?'' But he didn't do anything.

He muttered something towards me, but I couldn't hear it neither was I a talent in lip reading. I frowned at the sight of Kent doing this towards me. I scratched the back of my neck, and leaned further towards Kent. I needed to lift myself a bit up, to lean across the counter so that I could hear what he said.