-Chapter 17-

This chapter is dedicated to tjb50cal ! I just love Halloween! I listened to 'This is Halloween' from The Nightmare Before Christmas to write this...hope you love it!!! And above is the mark Tempest gave Butch 😊
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tempest

This is my favorite time of year...Halloween.

I've decorated my home with candles and outdoor lights, glowing green lanterns, plastic spiders in fake webs...I even carved two large pumpkins I grew in my greenhouse and sat them on my front porch, using the left overs to make a couple of pumpkin pies.

Sugar skulls decorate my mantle, my normal pillows are replaced by ones shaped like Jack-o-lanterns and ghosts, and square ones that say 'Boo!' with sparkly letters. The fruit bowl on my dining room table is filled with mini candies and marshmallow treats, while my kitchen is filled with the smells of pumpkin pie, freshly baked sugar cookies decorated with icing, caramel apples and popcorn, and the lingering scent of apple cider that I've been heating up in my cauldron shaped warming pot.

I love carving pumpkins, decorating, passing out candy to cute kids in awesome costumes, even dressing up myself and enjoying the mood, and this year I decided to dress as something special, Butch being my inspiration...

A black leather halter top and leather pants, black elbow length lace gloves, red high heels...and a red, floor length hooded cloak.

It's perfect...and Butch is going to lose his mind when he sees it.

As I put the last touches on my makeup, the black lipstick really standing out against my skin with my hair pulled into a bun, I see Zuzu pull himself onto the bathroom counter, his adorable little dragon costume I made him still holding nicely.

"What are you up too, little man? Did you find something good today?" I ask him curiously, and he immediately curls his tail towards me to show the object he hooked with it. A dirty, but still pretty teacup, the gold trim is a bit chipped and the pink rose pattern is faded, but it is still intact and beautiful.

"It's beautiful Zuzu, thank you." I say with a rub under his chin, and he flicks his tongue out before slithering down to the floor, and I quietly follow him to the back porch where he keeps his little treasures in a wicker basket.

To be truthful, Zuzu has been collecting things for me like this since the day he hatched in my incubator...in fact, the first thing he gave me was the egg shell he hatched from...which I still have perfectly preserved in a glass jar in my room. Ever since that day he's been my familiar, and has continued to bring me little treasures he finds on his explorations.

Gemstones, hair clips, buttons, lost earrings, feathers, coins...some of which from different countries or time periods, leaves, seeds, berry twigs....and flower petals. It was that item in particular that earned his name, after he brought home a large white flower bud in his tiny mouth...and it turned out to be a lily. He had looked so proud of himself, but so cute...and the name Zuzu stuck...being Chinese for 'graceful lily' and all...

Anyways, after seeing his findings: a couple of clear crystals, a small arrowhead, an old key, a dirty silver dollar, a small piece of purple ribbon, and a red bouncy ball...I gather them up to clean off as he heads to the large picnic basket I have that both completes my costume, and that's full of treats to take to the Halloween party being held at my mates house, sliding inside to hide out for a plan of mine.