3.

Renjun unintentionally bumped into Solmi at his entertainment company

Renjun unintentionally bumped into Solmi at his entertainment company. He was annoyed that she was even there in the first place, but they've made an agreement that they have to be nice to each other at least in person.

"Why are you here?" Renjun snickered at the girl, eyeing her up and down.

"I'm here to see you, obviously," she shrugged. "To pick you up? You realize we're still in contract to marry one another."

Renjun sighed as they walked side by side down the hall. He was really hoping nobody would've seen them together, but unfortunately, someone did. And that someone was Mark.

"Who's this?" Mark laughed, fawning over Solmi's looks. Renjun knew Mark found Solmi attractive, which annoyed him a bit, but he didn't say anything.

"Chu Solmi, my fri—"

"Fiancé, in a fixed marriage sense, but we're trying to break it off," Solmi interrupted holding her hand for Mark to shake. He shook her hand back, as he looked at Renjun.

"You're pretty lucky if she's you're fiancé," Mark chuckled. "Wait, you seem familiar. You're the comedian Chu Suk-Jin's daughter? Right?"

Solmi rolled her eyes, "Sadly."

"He's a pretty funny guy!"

"The only funny thing is his funny looking daughter," Renjun interjected, and Solmi shot a death glare at him.

"Renjun, no? She's pretty," Mark smiled, which annoyed Renjun even more. Solmi kept googley eye-ing Mark back which caused Renjun to grab her wrist.

"We have a meeting, bye Mark," Renjun yelled, dragging Solmi to the front of the building.

"Hey, what was that for?" Solmi complained, trying to loosen Renjun's grasp around her wrist. He eventually let go, and he sighed while putting his hands on his hips.

"Mark's off limits," he replied with an annoyed tone.

"I think Mark is cute," she giggled. She knew that Renjun didn't like the fact that she talked to Mark in the first place.

"Off limits. So what are we going to do?"

"We're going to eat dinner with our dads again at his place!"

"How are we going to get there?"

"Walking and taking the bus...?"

"Did you forget I'm in a kpop group?" Renjun boasted, holding his head up high. Solmi scoffed and she decided to drive them instead.

"I did forget, actually. And now I definitely want to marry a normal person."

☆☆☆

Once they arrived, food was already prepared for them on the table. Renjun was bawling at all the paintings and drawings that were hung up on the walls.

"I made those," Solmi commented as Renjun admired her art.

"You're lying again," Renjun snapped. He didn't want it to be obvious that he liked something that she created.

They sat right across from each other. Solmi was pushing her food around with her chopstick, and her dad noticed their silence.

"So hows the future married couple?" Solmi's dad asked, which caused Renjun to scoff and Solmi to roll her eyes.

"I don't want to marry her. In fact, she likes someone else, right? She likes her sunbae," Renjun replied looking at Solmi, waiting for her to agree with him.

"I guess I like him. I admire him," she smiled. "But..."

"Renjun, remember what I said, if you or Solmi are in love with other people then we'll respect that and the marriage is off," his dad interjected.

At this point, Solmi was kind of upset that Renjun didn't want to be with her. She understood that it's too sudden and that he barely even knew who she was, but she couldn't help but feel offended.

"It's hard for Renjun to even find a girl to socialize with especially with that personality of his," Solmi said bluntly.

"And this is why I don't want to marry an ugly girl!" Renjun retorted back.

"I don't care if you called me ugly because your cute friend Mark called me pretty!"

"Yeah I'm sure he meant pretty ugly!" yelled loudly, causing a huge disruption at the dinner table.

"Enough!" Renjun's dad hollered. "You both are already in contract and there are rules! But for now, you're engaged and you have to act like it! Us dads already made an agreement too!"

They both sighed in defeat, but they were still pretty heated by the argument. The rest of the dinner was silent, and they were both dismissed to leave. Solmi didn't want to, but she had no choice and had to give Renjun a ride home.

As soon as they entered the car, Solmi wouldn't start it. She didn't want it to be awkward, so she wanted to talk to him before dropping him off.

"Renjun," Solmi decided to break the silence. "I'm sorry. I know you're famous so it's not hard for you to get a girlfriend."

Renjun, on the other hand, wouldn't reply back to her.

"Renjun. Is there like... something wrong with me?"

"Yes."

"What is it?"

"I don't want to marry you."

"I know, but like.... why?"

"I..." Renjun hesitated to speak. "I want to marry a girl I love. Not someone I have to be forced to marry."

Solmi started to laugh at his response. "You're so cute," she chuckled, and Renjun put the girl in a choke hold which made her laugh even harder.

"I'm not cute!" he huffed.

"Okay, okay! You're not cute!" she giggled, and Renjun let her go. Solmi really enjoyed messing around with him because his reactions to her were just so cute.

"Renjun, you're going to be stuck with me for a while. So you have no choice but to be fond of me," she teased. "You're so entertaining, Renjun. So entertaining that being my fiancé will be fun."

"Shut the fuck up," he retorted.

But Renjun blushed.

He also was thankful that it was dark and she couldn't see that he was blushing.