Forty-one • Seraphina

King Dimitrius' Point of View

I held Felicity's hands as we both entered the dining hall. Everyone recognized her as the new queen. My heart leaped as I waited for everyone's gaze to turn on me.

Did the curse really break?

A long time ago, no one accepted me as the king. They all bowed down because they feared me, they served me because they believed that being on my bad side would make them good as dead.

But none of them were true.

Never did I kill without reasons. Committing horrendous acts such as rape was something I have not and will never do. The stories of me, abducting children and training them into slavery, none of them were right yet my vampires believed them.

Just like that, the love I long wanted from them vanished. Cruel and heartless, that was what they called me ever since I stepped in my throne.

Although, I never tried to change what they believed in. It was my only way of training my vampires to obey my every command until we all defeat Dominic and be able to spit on his grave.

Now that I have accomplished that, I don't have the purpose of being 'merciless' to fulfill. All I want is to feel the compassion between me and my vampires. For them to see the real Dimitrius.

And even if the curse never breaks and the tainted dreams that Seraphina has planted into every one of them, I am willing to show the person behind this frightening and feared face because one day, I know that Felicity and I will bear a child and that heir of mine, I want him to feel the love that I have been robbed.

By Felicity's side, I hope that they will all see the side of me that they have always known as a myth. Even if Katherine, Mary, and the other people that know me well have tried to convince those who trembled by the sound of my name that I am nothing but kind, still, the curse was strong enough for them to never see through me.

Not even when I cried and roared when my sister died, my ever loving, Rosaleen.

"Dimitrius, " Felicity called out, making me snap out of my deep thoughts. "Let's eat, " she whispered.

I nodded my head and took a seat on my usual place while Hayden moved for Felicity to be able to sit next to me. Still, no one uttered a word.

Silently, everyone ate while Felicity and I just talked about random things like the places she would want to visit with me. It felt so calming to hear her dreams and goals which all included the both of us.

Every second that passes by, I fall deeper in love with Felicity.

"Hey, are you okay?" She asked while examining my face with evident worry in her eyes. "I can feel it too, you know, you just seem distant, " she said.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I'm just full, " I hesitantly answered and she seemed to have none of it.

"You can tell me anything, Dimitrius. Is this about the curse?" Her whisper didn't do much because every vampire heard her words. Their heads turned toward us and I waited for anyone to speak.

Moments later, the dense silence broke when I heard Katherine ask, "What curse?" I touched her shoulder to tell her that it was nothing but as soon as I felt her skin, her eyes turned red.