⚫PROLOGUE⚫

Hi Hello!! This book is being HEAVILY edited right now, many of the chapters haven't been updated yet so it may not make sense when reading it. I sincerely apologize, but I hope you will read it entirely when it's officially finished being edited. 

"What is this?"

Athena and her husband Zander opened the basket to reveal a dark-skinned baby girl wrapped in a cozy blanket as she sucked hard onto her thumb. "Quick, bring her inside! The storm is about to start!" Zander exclaimed.

Athena picked up the basket and brought it into their living room while her husband closed the front door. She placed the basket onto the floor and took off the lid for the second time. Both Athena and Zander watched the baby as she continued to suck on her thumb. She then lifted her other hand towards Athena's face.

"She's adorable," Zander stated. "Who would abandon a baby like this?" Athena carefully picked the baby up and immediately cradled the infant in her arms.

"Look, there's a note in the basket," Zander noted. As he picked up the piece of paper, loud thunder boomed throughout the stormy night. They soon began to hear a rhythmic pattern of rain falling hard against the windows.

"She's yours now." Athena gasped in shock after hearing her husband read the note. "She's ours?" she asked with a shaking voice.

"She's ours," Zander repeated. He put the note back in the basket with confusion. He couldn't help but wonder who this baby belonged to and why they had left her on their doorstep.

Suddenly, the grey-eyed baby began to cry looking very irritable. "Maybe she's hot," Zander suggested. He then reached over to open up the blanket. Gently, he removed it from under the baby to reveal something so unusual. They both gasped in shock while staring at the baby's locks.

"H-how?" Athena stammered. This was impossible. They had never seen anything so unique and rare before. Zander hesitantly reached out to touch the baby's white strands. "She smells like a human but doesn't look like a human," he said.

Athena's head was immediately flooded with doubt. If they did take this baby in, how would she cope? How would she grow up with werewolves? When would they tell her the truth? Would she be angry? Confused? Upset?

"Should we give her a name?" Zander blurted out causing Athena to break away from her thoughts. Athena only realized then that they didn't know her name.

"Did the note mention anything about her name?"

"No."

Athena sat there staring at the beautiful baby girl as she lay still in her arms. She needed a name. Something they could identify her by. "Alright. Let us think of a name."

Both werewolves pondered together trying to come up with the perfect name for their new baby cub. "I've got it!" Athena exclaimed moments later with a sudden smile on her face.

"Leilani. Leilani Béla Loupé."

And so it was. This was the beginning of a new kind of happiness and joy. The type of happiness and joy that could only be found in having a child. They had been trying to have one for five years. It was sad that the Alpha and Luna weren't able to have kids of their own. They thought of it as a curse. How would a barren Luna giver her Alpha an heir if her womb was closed shut?

But perhaps the Moon Goddess did hear their cry. Maybe they weren't hopeless after all.

Athena and Zander gladly took the baby in and treated her just like their own. They also made a promise to each other that they would protect her for as long as they lived. She became their little ball of sunshine that brought them bliss and delight throughout the years.

Leilani is a human who was adopted by the Alpha and Luna of Silver Creek Pack. She is an eighteen-year-old girl who already has her future planned out. However, on the afternoon of one warm summer day, she meets someone who drastically changes the course of her life. 

But that's not the only thing that turns her world completely upside down. She will have to journey through Latum Alterum, a world created just for werewolves, with her friends and with courage. This adventure will not only teach her life lessons; it will also reveal her true identity and a profound secret of her past.