Mean Girls

CAMILA

Three weeks had passed since Lauren and I called a truce to our war. I think I could say we're friends now. Well she thinks we're just friends but me? Nuh. She's my girlfriend you see, but she doesn't know yet and the sad part is I don't get girlfriends privileges. I couldn't kiss her, I couldn't hug her whenever I want or just hold her hands when I just feel like it. And the worst part of this secret relationship I was having with her which again she doesn't know yet... was that I let Lauren be fucked by Tyra. God help me I hate that guy.

I don't get it. Like how could a beautiful, intelligent, sexy, confident, talented, sweet, adorable, kind, and just a fucking goddess like Lauren would go for that crack-head. I mean what's up with his hair? Or tattoos? God Tyra made tattoos gross for god's sake! I mean tattoos are hot but for there are just some people who could rock them you know what I mean? Like Lauren, one time when I was checking her ass her back facing me and  she was tying her hair up I saw her dragonfly tattoo on her nape and I scream! Like holy fucking shit that's hot! Yes that was the exact words I said.

.....
"Jesus, Camila what happened?" Lauren turned to me she looked confused as to why I cursed.

"I said holy fucking shit Lauren that's hot!"  I repeated my eyes would be still on her nape if she didn't turn to face me because now I was just staring blankly at her sexy throat.

"What? — Camila?" Lauren snap her fingers and that snapped me out of my fantasy of biting that tattoo.

"You're tats it's really hot on you. I mean it's not like I was watching your ass or anything — I mean— I just notice the tattoo." Why do I have to open my mouth?

"I didn't say anything about you watching me but... funny now that you've mention it... I kinda think you were." She answered and raised her eyebrows at me.

"Well.. can you blame me? Because, ey mama you got that donk!" I look at her ass and nodded my head approvingly.

And that earned me a shove. And I almost fell on my face.

"Oh you're strong. Kinky!"

"Uhm more like. You being clumsy." She rolled her eyes and sat on her chair.

"I mean it. The tattoo looks really good on you. And what's the story of it?"

"Story? I got it because I thought it was cool." She shrugs.

Bullshit. I don't think Lauren is a kind of person who gets her skin marked forever just because it was cool. Well I'd like to think she was like me that gets a tattoo because it had significance.

"You're full of shit, Lauren. You're a Literature teacher. I bet even how you buy food has a story." I said smirking at her.

She was silent. I have already sat on my own chair when she spoke again.

"I always wanted to have one you know because like, I thought having one was really cool and stuff."

I didn't speak when she paused again because I knew she wasn't finish yet. I was right. Or it could also be that I just loved listening to her talk.

"But I got this tattoo not because I thought it was cool. I decided to have it after my mom passed away 6 years ago. She loved dragonflies. She loved them because she thought that dragonflies are under appreciated because most people loved butterflies and she hated that." Lauren chuckled and she look at me and asked, "She hated butterflies because they get noticed first. When there are dragonflies out there that are beautiful too but people couldn't see it because people think or see butterflies are more beautiful." Lauren smiled sadly then continued, "She would say "Sometimes Lauren you have to look closely to see the beauty in others. If you see beauty in something that most people can't see, don't feel stupid just because society thinks what you like or love is ugly. You know what's stupid, Lauren?"