XVIII

"Oh, hell no. I'm firing this dick." Taehyung stands up from the couch, pissed.

"Taehyung, don't. He was right. I was missing work a lot." I say, grabbing his wrist as I still sit on the couch.

"What? Is he crazy to fire you? I'm his boss and-"

"Taehyung, you're taking this personally."

"Personally? What do you mean by that?" he asks, anger still clear in his tone.

"You already don't like him and all of this just makes it-"

"I'm professional, Hayun. I just think he should've given you another chance." he starts calming down.

"He already did." I say.

He answers with a sigh and sits down next to me again, taking my hand between his big ones.

"What are you going to do now?" he asks, concerned.

"Look for another job." I say, "The job in the club was perfect. The payment and work place were good and it was all I needed, but well, there's nothing else I can do."

"Okay, come on. Get up." he says standing up.

"Wh-?"

"We're going there to talk to him. I'm his boss and you're getting your job back." he starts unlocking the door.

I inhale to talk but he interrupts before I can even say anything, "I'm not gonna go off. I'll remain calm. I promise."

I sigh in response and let out a little 'okay'.

As we are on our way to the club, Taehyung's fingers keep tapping against the steering wheel, a thing he does when he's stressed.

When we stop at a red sign, I take the chance and gently press my hand against his.

"Why are you so stressed?"

"I-I'm not." he says, not even looking at me.

"You're tapping your fingers against the steering wheel so hard you're almost breaking it." I say.

"I just... I'm mad, okay?" he starts, "Not at Jungkook, not at you, not at anyone, but myself. You deserve that job and it was my fault you kept missing it."

"Taehyung-"

"No. It's not okay. I know you are gonna say it's okay, when it's not." he starts driving again.

"Taehyung, I'd rather lose a job than lose you." I say calmly.

"You would've never met me if it wasn't for that job. That job is important. The club... The club is important." he says anxiously.

"I'm gonna find another job. Don't worry."

"No. I'm getting you your job back." his tone firm.

"Just don't let... You know... Our personal life get into this." I say as he stops in front of the club.

"Hayun, I'm professional, that would never happen." he shakes his head.

"Miss Lee. Mr. Kim." Jungkook bows his head, sitting on his desk as we enter his office, "I guess I already know what you're here to talk about."

"Yes." Taehyung nods, "I wanna know why you fired Hayun."

This is a stupid idea. This is ridiculous. Oh, my God, someone get me out of here.

"Well, let's see... She was missing work at least three times a week, she was always late and whenever she came here she didn't work well cause she was tired."