Part 15

A soft brush tickled my cheek and I quickly swatted it away before scratching the spot. A light chuckle was heard from beside me.

"Wake up, sleeping beauty," a husky deep voice sang and a soft peck was placed on my forehead.

I groaned and buried my face more into his chest.

He giggled and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer. I snuggled contently and groggily let out, "What time is it?"

"11 o'clock." He pinched my cheek and winced when I slapped his hand.

"Do we have anything scheduled today?"

He now started playing with my hair. "Just the usual. You're supposed to be tutoring me at this hour."

I finally opened my eyes and his gaze got locked with mine.

He smiled, "Good morning."

He looked so adorable and cuddly with his messy bed hair and sleepy eyes. My heart did a flip. I quickly kissed his nose and booped his puffy cheek.

"Stop being so cute," I huffed.

He scoffed and booped my cheek back. "You stop being so cute."

"Yo-"

"Guys, until when are you planning to lay in your bed and rot there," Elle barged through the door and shouted, causing us to jump. Taehyung almost fell down from the bed when I accidentally pushed him out of reflex.

"I know you want to bask in each other's ambience and all, but you still need to function as a human, you know?" She opened the curtains and slapped Taehyung's arm on her way out.

He pouted at me and whined about her being mean to him. I laughed and rubbed the red spot.

"He's here," Elle's voice echoed through the corridor and Xiao ran inside breathless.

She eyed us and pursed her lips. "Your Highness, you have a visitor."

We looked at each other and turned to her. "My parents?" Taehyung asked her.

Her face turned paler than before and I could feel the tension she was bringing.

This couldn't be good...

"No," she sighed. "The king of Leovalon."

I turned to look at Taehyung and his face reflected millions of expression. Out of all of them, fury was the most prominent and evident one.

"Who?" I turned to Xiao.

She stared at my puzzled expression and gulped.

"Leave us," Taehyung ordered.

Xiao bowed and left the room after giving me a worried look.

"Remember what I said about Eleanor's situation and her kingdom?" He walked towards me.

I nodded.

"You found out that you're her sister, so..." he held my hands.

A sudden wave of revelation washed over me.

Of course... Then that means that king, whoever he was, overtook our kingdom after killing our parents.

My parents...

I regained my memories about them over the past few days, and I felt the urge to run to their arms every time, but something always prevented that. I understood now why I couldn't do it. It was because they were already gone.

I swallowed back my tears and asked him, "You said that you knew him before. How?"

His eyes wandered around and landed on my hands before he chuckled softly. "We used to be friends."

My eyes widened. "You and him?"

He hummed and sighed, "We lost contact with each other after I... had an argument with him a long time ago. He used to be... I don't know... a really good person."

I couldn't believe his words.

"He's a murderer," I whispered.

"I know," he bit his lips, pain evident in his face.

"I know..."

⚜️⚜️⚜️

After washing and dressing up, Taehyung went to meet his old friend, the new ruler of my kingdom and I just couldn't stay in my room when some drama was about to happen.

I tiptoed to the meeting hall and put my ear against the door to listen to their conversation from the outside.

"Long time no see," Taehyung greeted. "What brings you here?"

"I heard that you have Y/N here in your kingdom," the other person said. "I'm here to bring her back to where she belongs."

What?

"I can't let you do that after all you've done. She's my fiancée, the future queen of this kingdom. She's under my care now," he retorted.

There was a scoff followed by laughter.

"You must be kidding me right now," the other man chuckled.

"She's my wife, Taehyung."

A/N: I'm back lol

Thank you for reading and please don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter 💜