twenty-six

Victoria ran through the bunker, following the wreckage as a guide.

She dropped a few levels, and she dropped beside Steve. Bucky was on the floor, his arm discarded a few feet away from him. Tony rose, his face bloodied as his helmet was off, and raised his hand to fire at Steve.

Victoria's eyes widened and she ran in front of Steve. "Tony! No—"

But Tony had already fired when she spoke. The energy beam hit her side and she gasped, falling to the floor. The pain was rushing through her whole body as she fell. Steve dropped down to catch her body.

"Shit! Victoria—"

"I'll be okay, my healing should kick in soon..."

Victoria trailed off as her body shut down and she fell unconscious. Pietro ran into the chamber, holding his side, and noticed Steve hunched over her. He rushed over to her, pulling her to his chest.

"No, no, no," he muttered, before looking at the wound. "She is not healing." He glared at Tony as he held her. "Look what you have caused now!"

"I—"

Steve shoved Tony down, striking his shield into Tony's suit's core multiple times. Steve pulled it out and struggled to stand up. He looked to Pietro. "We have to get her to hospital or something."

"No hospital," he looked down at her again as her breathing became unsteady.

Pietro rose and picked Victoria up, glaring at Tony. Steve nodded and helped Bucky up. They began to exit before Tony called out to Steve. "That shield doesn't belong to you! You don't deserve it! My father made that shield!"

Steve paused, dropping the shield and walking out with Bucky. Pietro sent another glare to Tony before rushing out to T'Challa, who stood by their jet. T'Challa gaped at Victoria's wound, where there was an extremely faint yellow glow being emitted.

T'Challa pulled off a bead from his bracelet and placed it on the wound. "This will help her while she heals herself."

Pietro nodded as the head sunk into her skin and immediately her breathing evened out, just as Steve walked out of the bunker with Bucky. They were both covered in blood and breathing heavily. Steve stopped when he saw T'Challa, before advancing slowly. He looked at Victoria before frowning deeply.

"Pleasantries can be exchanged once in the air, we need to get her help."

"Come to Wakanda, you all will be safe there and we can help her and your friend."

Bucky glanced up at T'Challa weakly before dropping his head again, tiredly. They settled into the jet and Pietro placed Victoria down onto the floor. He sat down beside her and pulled her upper body to his.

"It will be okay, prințesa. It will all be okay."

***

When Victoria came to, she opened her eyes to complete whiteness.

She blinked a couple of times before her hearing came back and she heard a music beat coursing through wherever she was. Turning her head, she felt her side pull at the movement and she groaned.