Prologue. What Else Do I Have to Lose?

Feng Xinya was an orphan. A war orphan to be exact, used as a cannon fodder and a major part of the frontline forces with his runes and bone sword made of his own spine. As the only surviving member of the formidable Feng clan, a human clan known for their overwhelming art of bone manipulation and rune engraving, both the humans and vampires longed to get their hands on him as an experimental subject and an ally.

The neutral Feng clan was destroyed by the humans' own greed as they ruthlessly slaughtered every member of the already scarcely numbered clan. They wanted their power to manipulate bones for themselves, so they performed many scientific experiments in hopes of transferring the bloodline to multiple soldiers to heighten their chance of winning the war.

The vampires eventually attacked the human camp that the lab was based in and attempted to take the Feng clan for themselves, but there was only one member left alive--Feng Xinya. With no other choice, they immediately burned down the entire camp after retrieving the dead bodies of the Feng clan members and took Feng Xinya in as their pawn.

Of course, to fully control him so that he couldn't rebel, they designated one of the four Generals of the New Empire to turn him into their own kind under a master and servant blood oath. The only way to undo the oath was to tear out the heart of the master and devour it. However, with restrictions like mind reading and the need to feed on the master's blood every week, in addition to the devastating strength that the masters often possessed, it was virtually impossible to gain freedom.

Feng Xinya had been a prisoner since he was 6 years old, and they waited for him to turn 18 until they turned him into a vampire. He was currently 24, and after a battle he would always be forced to return to the dungeon to be tortured for the information regarding runes, which he always replied with an arrogant sneer followed by silence.

Every time he was sent out into battle, he gladly hacked apart the humans and passively watched his fellow vampires be blown into smithereens by the humans sometimes even brazenly taking part in their massacre. Having been wronged by both races, why would he care about either of them? All he wanted was total annihilation.

***

Xiao was finally free from training! He had been stuck in that system space for 10,000 years! The system god explained to him after he died in his original world that he was now one of those systems that he read about so much in those Chinese novels, so he thought he would finally get to be free and have some fun for once. Boy, was he wrong.

After telling him that he was now a system, the god simply threw a big fat book thicker than the height of the Shanghai Tower and prohibited him from leaving the space for the next 10,000 years.

Thankfully, the god didn't tell him that he absolutely must read the entire book, so after reading the first word of the title, he kept the book closed and slept. One thing he was really good at doing was nothing, since in his original world he was stuck on the hospital bed as long as he could remember.

He was prompted to leave, and he wasn't sure what kind of world he would find his first host in, but he was full of anticipation!

The space around him warped and turned black until he was in a complete world of nothingness. Suddenly, a loading bar popped up and took its time to fill up. After what seemed like another 10,000 years to Xiao, he was finally transferred into the world of his first host!

Except, as soon as he materialized as a cute little round metal ball with a single circular lens in the center, his figurative smile froze on his even more figurative face.

The world was dark as hell, with two moons. One was bright and white, illuminating the sky and was the only source of light. The other was directly across the world from it and was ominously red, giving the rest of the surrounding the same red hue. There were no stars, and even though he appeared to be in a forest the trees were all dead and they seemed to have been dead for a very long time. It definitely wasn't a seasonal thing.