fifteen

Simon's P.O.V.

{Wednesday}

As far as I know, Caden didn't come to school yesterday, he also wouldn't answer any of my texts or calls, but I'm not too worried because he was probably just sleeping off all the pain, or at least trying too. I closed my locker and turned around, getting ready to go to my last class of the day and not expecting to see a certain familiar tuff of hair floating around amongst the mass of heads. Caden? It was Caden. I suppose I should talk to him; Best sooner than later.

I shoved through the mass of people between me and him. He was standing with two girls and another guy. The mystery guy and one of the girls had stopped talking and were attacking each other's faces. The other girl was standing too close to Caden for my comfort, so I tapped his shoulder. Her turned around and I realized his hand was joined with the second girl's.

"What did you need?" He spat in my direction.

I flinched back, "Caden, wh-"

"You know what? Never mind. Just, go away. Okay?" I thought I saw something flash in his eyes. Was, was it hurt?

Why would he be hurting? He's the one hurting me, but why?

"What's w-wrong with you Caden?" I whispered, but he must of heard me.

"Nothing's wrong with me. So just leave." He poked me in the chest with his free hand, and tears of confusion started to prick at my eyes.

"I-" I stopped speaking to turn around and run.

I ran to my next class, I couldn't miss anymore school, and sat down in the very back, tears already overflowing onto my cheeks. Nobody paid any attention to me, as usual, so my almost silent sniffles didn't bother anyone. The teacher's croning voice helped me put a stop on my feelings. I washed out my thoughts to save them for later, and picked my pencil to write down the homework. Only a few math problems, which means more time for me to ponder what happened with Caden.

The bell rang and I found my way to the front of the school. I stood there why everyone pushed passed me, not caring that I was being thrown around. Caden stood across the front area of the school, and debated whether or not to run up and hug him. Instead, I just decided to ask him to talk. I walked over to him and tapped his shoulder. He jerked around and his look of adoration was so quickly covered by hate that I barely caught it.

"What did I do wrong?"