One

"Man fuck that! I ran that damn ball into the end zone. Fuck you mean?!" Dave threw his helmet to the ground causing it to bounce and hit someone in the stomach.

"Calm down East." One of the coaches warned.

"Fuck you, I ran the damn ball into the fucking end zone and you gonna pull me out the game! You know I carry this damn team, hell if it wasn't for me, you sorry motherfuckers wouldn't have even scored a got damn thing!" Spit viciously flew out of his mouth.

"East!" One of his teammates tried to calm him down.

"Nah fuck that. Every damn time y'all pull me! I ain't no fuckin monkey for y'all motherfuckers! I'm a damn person, not just here to make y'all fucking look good!" Dave continued.

"One more remark, East, and you're gone to the locker room."

"Don't threaten me. I'll go by my damn self and watch y'all lose this sorry ass game like always." Dave snatched his helmet up and walked to the locker room.

"He's about to be suspended, watch." On of the teammates chuckled but Dave was on 100 and chose to ignore them... For now.

Once in the locker room, he sat on one of the many couches and sighed, putting his head in his hands with his elbows resting on his knees.

"I can't keep doing this shit yo." He walked to his locker to retrieve his phone.

Scrolling through the phone, his thumb hoovered over an important contact before pressing it.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's Dave."

"I know who you are, silly. What's wrong? Shouldn't you be in the game and your phone in your locker?"

Dave smacked his lips, "Man they tripping. I'm thinking about that switch we talked about."

"You sure? I mean that's a big move."

Leaning against the lockers, he sighed, "I can't keep doing and living like this. I'm not their nigger to run the ball and make them look good."

"Don't look at it like that! You said you love the game so act like it. Stop acting like a little baby."

"Of course you'd say that. What you want me to be minimized?"

"I'm not saying that Dave, I'm jus-"

"About to hop off my line." Dave hung up the phone before getting his clothes and changing.

It's like nobody sees him, nobody sees what he is going through, nor do they care. He just had to make things happen, without people and then they would hear him.

Getting his black Nike duffle bag, he exited the arena with his jersey over his shoulder. Grabbing the letter of resignation out of his pocket, he slid it under the Coach's door and made his way out to the parking lot through the thick crowd.

He knew within 24 hours, his name and face would be all over the sports channels.

Making the 4 hour drive to his original home, he honked the horn and the back door flew open. Out rushed the love of his life and a person he was ever so grateful for.

"Hey baby!" He scooped up Jaliyah, his one year old daughter.

"Daddy!" She screamed and clapped. The simple gesture brought tears to his eyes and tugged at his heart.

"Did you leave mid-game?" Aaliyah, his baby's mother, placed a hand on her wide hips.

"Yeah, I'm going through with plan B. If I don't get signed with someone else then I'm heading down another path." He set his duffel bag down on the couch.