18. Tied

-Jaden-

-Jaden-

I made a mistake by going to that boy last night. It wasn't even my fault! I was tricked! I didn't know I was heading straight to him! And now! For fuck's sake... Now my soul was tied stronger to his. I could feel it. His presence had grown a little bit stronger, and I couldn't sleep well because of this. Because of him. I could feel his restlessness like the faraway buzzing of a mosquito, and it kept bothering me throughout the night.

At school I was less of a person and more of an asshole. I was aware of the ugly looks I was getting from my friends, but they knew damn well I wasn't at my sweetest when I hadn't had my good night's sleep. And that damned boy was making it worse.

I could feel I had lost a part of myself. I wasn't trying to sound like a poet, no. I was not there completely. I didn't know if it was normal or if I was just losing my goddamn mind, but a small piece of me was with him. I had lost it last night, when I saw him looking out of the window of the only group home this town had. That small part of me had stayed behind when I fled the scene after realizing the boy was coming my way.

He could feel me. There was no doubt about it. I was quite sure he was just like any normal human being – completely unaware of our existence. Because our goddess had decided that he was my... mate... He was now bound to me. To a werewolf. My own personal opinion about mates aside, this was not fair to him either. He was probably wondering why he was suddenly feeling so strange. I was not going to let him into my life. Humans didn't belong with werewolves. There was no way in hell I'd let that happen, so now he was forced to live with that empty space in his soul for the rest of his life.

I was dead serious about not wanting a mate, so now two lives were ruined because someone wasn't listening. But I wasn't exactly facebook-friends with the Moon goddess so there was nothing I could do about it.

And I couldn't be as heartless as I thought. It happened again. Just after lunch break ended. I got angry without a reason.

"It's happening again!" Tilly whispered when the first wave of anger washed over me out of the blue.

"We need to get out before someone sees us," Arch spoke hurriedly, and together we rushed towards the closest exit.

Lucky for us, this time wasn't as strong as the first, and none of us had trouble containing our urge to change our forms. We were still too young, too inexperienced to handle our nature in stressful situations, so I was glad about not having to have that fight with myself.

"You know what's causing this, right?" Tilly hissed at me when we were standing outside, behind our school.

"I have no idea!" I almost yelled at her.

"Come on! You're not that stupid! It's your mate! He's in danger!" Tilly nearly screeched at me.

I lost my ability to speak. For a moment, I just stood there and stared at her. There was too much information to handle at once. She knew about that boy? This seizure – or whatever the hell it was – happened because he was in danger? And he was in danger?