0.6

After three weeks of working practically day and night, I'm more than happy to be coming back home for two weeks. Of course I won't be able to rest, but at least my trainee schedule is less stressful than filming a TV series.

Over the past three weeks Hoseok and Namjoon have kept me updated on what's going on at the moment. Apparently we are now two members away from eight, so I guess we're almost complete. The newcomers are Jungkook, a super talented kid and most likely the maknae - I can only roll with what Namjoon and Hoseok told me, I haven't met the newcomers yet - and Taehyung, who I've been told has a rough, low voice, perfect for a vocalist, in my opinion.

I already feel like I'm home as I walk down the hallway that leads to our practice room. I can hear the music before I even round the corner and when I stand in front of the door, I can tell some schemes of people are inside and dancing. I hear someone laughing, that's definitely Namjoon.

I carefully open the door, not wanting to disturb them.

As I lean against the wall beside the door, the boys continue to dance a new choreography our instructor has taught them. Namjoon looks a little lost as he messes up a move, immediately corrected by Hoseok, making me chuckle lowly.

As if he heard it, Hoseok's head snaps up and his eyes meet mine in the mirror.

"Hayoon!", he yells and sprints towards me, pulling me into a tight hug.

"Eww, get off me, I don't want your sweat!", I shove at him playfully and laugh "I've only been away for three weeks, did you miss me that much?"

"You should have heard him, whenever we learned some new dance he would say 'Ahh, I can't wait to show this to Hayoon-ssi.'", Namjoon snorts, walking over to the two of us.

Hoseok grins brightly as he lets go of me, "Well it's true, I bet you would like a lot of the stuff we learned!"

"Please, let me settle back in a little before we get down to business, okay?", I huff a laugh, which Namjoon joins in to.

"Come, meet the newbies!", Hoseok grabs my hand and drags me to where the other three are.

Yoongi is already sitting on the floor and downing a water bottle, acknowledging me with a small raise of his hand. The newcomers stand there awkwardly, unsure of what they should do.

I grin at the sight of them. Gosh they're adorable.

"Boys, this is Hayoon. Hayoon, these are Jungkook and Taehyung," Hoseok says, easily introducing us.

Jungkook stutters an awkward "Hello noona," to which I almost coo. Damn it, he's adorable. All I want to do is squish his cheeks.

I seriously need help.

Taehyung just smiles cheekily at me, a boxy grin making it's appearance.

"Hyung told us you were at a TV series shoot, how was it?", he asks and just from the sound of his voice I can tell he can go real low when singing. PD-nim made the correct choice with him.

"It was exhausting, but a lot of fun. I'm on break for two weeks now, so I'll relax and try to catch up to all of you as good as I can," I reply.

"Oh, noona, I just remembered that PD-nim tested us on how fast we can rap. He told us you'd have to do it as soon as you return," Namjoon says and I could swear theres a slight tint of pink coloring his ears.

Probably because he's calling me noona for the first time in person ever since that incident.

I nod at that, vaguely remembering PD-nim telling me something like that before I left for the shoot. Of course I already showed my rapping skills during the auditioning, but I guess he now wants to take record of how fast we can really go. Maybe to see how we improve in the future.

"Noona raps?", Taehyung asks with shining eyes and I nod, smiling softly "Yeah. I can sing, too, but my main speciality is rapping."

"Ooh, I can't wait to hear you!", Taehyung beams.

"How fast did you get?", I turn my attention to Namjoon and Hoseok, the latter looking at me with a sheepish grin "6.5 syllables per second."

"7.1 syllables per second," Namjoon says and my eyes glide over to Yoongi, who mumbles "8.3."

I look at the three, impressed by their speed. Who knows, maybe one day they're able to break the 10 syllables per second mark. With enough practice, everything is possible.

"Come on, let's get you to PD-nim! I want to know how fast you can go!", Hoseok grabs my wrist and starts to drag me out of the room.

Taehyung follows right behind us, grinning excitedly. Jungkook, Namjoon and Yoongi are the last to follow us as we head down the halls to a small recording studio, where the boys apparently had recorded how fast they could go.

PD-nim was already there, probably having expected us to find our way there without his help.

PD-nim quickly explains the process "You'll go into that separate room, put the headphones on and we'll provide you with a text. You're getting a beat through your headphones and just go as fast as you can. The beat will only work as a rough guideline."

I nod and walk over into the separate room. Through the glass I can see Taehyung and Hoseok giving me big thumbs ups.

I pull on the headphones and look at the sheet of paper before me, quickly scanning the lyrics.

"We're gonna play the beat for a couple of seconds and when you're ready you'll give us a thumbs up and we'll start recording. Got it?", PD-nim's voice rings through my headphones and I nod.

Then the beat starts playing and I get a feel for it, reading through the lyrics once more, before holding my thumbs up.

Let's see how this goes.