seven.

[ play song at the top for this chapter <3]

+
It had been about twenty minutes of silence before one of us spoke a word.

"So, how are things with you, your sister and your mom?" He asked still looking at the road.

Now that I think about it.. Honestly? Things have been going really good actually. My moms paying attention to me and Maddie hasn't been a complete bitch to me.

"Better than I thought, I guess?" I said not sure.

He looked at me for a split second. "So things are working out?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "It doesn't mean I'm still not thinking about-" he cuts me off, "I know Kenz. This isn't something that just goes away after two days of being the slightest bit
happy."

I nodded. He took the words right out of my mouth, he understands.

A lot.
+
"Johnny. What's your story?" I asked him softly.

"Haha, my story? What-" I cut him off, "What's your life like?" I said hopeful for an answer.

He sighed.

"Captain of the soccer team is terrific and everything.. My mom, um dad and little sister Lauren. That's basically it." His mood changed.

"We don't have to talk about it." I said looking down, playing with my sleeves.

"What do you mean? I just told you-"

"Johnny, I know there's something that goes on in your life. It can't be just perfect all the time, right?"

He shrugged his shoulders.

"My mom isn't really around that much so, I can't really talk about her." He says.

"What happened with your mom if you don't mind me asking?" I said sitting up.

He took a deep breath. "She's just never involved in anything me and my sister do. You would think it's work but.. She just never shows interest you know?" He said looking at me for a second.

I nodded.

"Mhm, I get it."
+
"Kenz, wake up. We're here." I heard a voice.

Johnny helped me put the seat back up to its previous position. I got out of the car slowly, still in the process of waking up.

Johnny opened the trunk and grabbed our bags handing me mine. "Or do you want me to hold it?" He said feeling bad.

"It's okay, I can hold it." I smiled lightly.
+
We checked in and bought a lock for our locker to keep everything while we explored the park.

"Okay..." Johnny said. "Locker 154" he whispered to himself.

I just stared at him.

I never noticed his rosy cheeks that only got red when he was nervous about something.. His eyes that went from green to a mix of yellow, and his perfectly soft hair... and that laugh.

His laugh.
+
"Kenz? Are you okay?" He snapped me out of it.

"Oh yeah sorry, I just thought I saw a bug but it was just a fuzz, ha." I said lying.

"Okay, our locker is 154. I'll put it in my phone to remind myself." He said pulling his phone out of his back pocket.

I heard screaming from my right ear.

I looked to my right seeing a roller coaster cart going down a steep hill, then to loops.

"Holy shit." He said standing next to me. "I'm riding that for sure, you down?" He says looking at me.

"Yeah." I said a little nervous.

"Come on, its not that bad." He said scrunching his face up like It was crazy to be scared of that.

He held his hand out.

I looked down at it his hand and back at him.

"It doesn't have to mean anything.. I just don't want you to get lost." He said smiling.

I slowly wrapped my hand around his. He pulled both of our hands up to his view and intertwined our fingers.

My heart was beating the fastest I've ever felt. I swallowed what felt like a huge ball of oxygen.
+
Johnny still held onto my hand. As we walked through crowds of people he held on tighter.

His hands were bigger than mine so it looked cute I guess? I don't know. How do you react when something like this is happening??

We came across the entrance. Johnny pulled out our fast pass tickets and got them scanned. The worker nodded and let us through.

We walked past a line of people and already had made it near the front of the line.

I sat on the ledge as Johnny let go of my hand. "Sorry, I didn't even notice we were still you know.. I just got comfortable." He laughed nervously.

"It's fine." I said smiling a little.
+
"Rock, paper, scissors, shoot!" He yelled. "Yes!" He threw his arms up. "We get to sit in the front now." He said smiling.

"Oh Jesus." I said nervous as ever.

"You'll be fine. You have me." He said giving me a side hug before we entered the roller coaster cart.

My stomach wasn't rumbling from the rollercoaster, it was definitely butterflies.

From Johnny.