Part 8

Third person POV

Zelda exited the dungeon with blood dripping from her hands. The evidence of her ruthlessness, of the darkness that conquered her heart and resided in it years ago.

She never meant to be this heartless creature created by her once most trusted people. She was always the naive, introverted, and kindhearted girl. Never in her wildest dreams did she thought that the life that she tried so desperately to run from, the one she loathed her cousins for, would caught up to her, and lock her up in its darkness.

She had to embrace it anyway, that was the only way she could protect her husband and kids from the threat hovering in the horizon.

She drove to the hospital along with her cousin Deren Adams after cleaning herself up, and changing clothes.

He insisted that he would meet the his nephews and niece before heading to Italy.

"How is Dema by the way!" Zelda asked him after sometime.

"She's doing fine, I guess." He replied mysteriously.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She asked.

"Can we please change the subject, I don't really want to talk about it right now." he said sadly.

"Alright, then." She said. "How about my bundles of joy, how are they?" She asked instead.

"They are doing great, and they miss you." Deren beamed, his mood changing instantly to a lighter one.

"I've been waiting for their promised visit for ages, but they're too busy apparently for having time for their old auntie." Zelda said in mock hurt.

"Oh, knock it off, they've been meaning to visit you, but Jasper is busy with the business, and the girls won't leave without him. You know how inseparable they are." Deren explained.

"Yeah, like I said I'm too old for them now." Zelda said with amusement evident in her sapphire orbs.

"Whatever, old woman." He joked.

"How dare you!" Zelda gasped playfully.

Deren laughed genuinely without commenting any further. Zelda smiled to herself, it's been a while since she last saw him laughing from his heart.

They rode in a comfortable silence after that, until they reach the hospital.

Claus met her at the door of the kids' room along with another five bodyguards standing in different places in the corridor. Claus bowed slightly in her direction, not knowing if she was still mad at him or not.

"Stop that already, I don't want you of all people feeling cautious around me." She told him putting her hand on his shoulder.

Claus knew that it was her way of saying sorry to him, and he also knew it was the only apology he'll be receiving from her. She never apologised to anyone. She told him once that until she asks forgiveness from him, she won't be apologising to anyone.

No one would ever come before him, and he knew that she wouldn't be doing that anytime soon because she didn't solve the problem that kept her away from him, forced her to give him the cold shoulder in the first place.

"Claus, this is my cousin, Deren. Deren, this is Claus." Zelda introduced.

Claus was taken aback a little by her announcement, never would he have thought that his boss whom he consider as a little sister was the cousin of the most ruthless mafia boss alive.

Deren Adams is considered an example in underworld. Even after his son who is as cruel as he was if not more, took over from him, his name still has the same effect it did all those years back on people.

Claus shook hands with him, and the two men exchanged pleasantries before Zelda ushered her cousin to the kids' hospital room.

When they entered she found her husband cradling their crying little princess, trying to calm her down.

Zelda rushed to his side, and took her from him before feeding her, and rocking her back to sleep. Tyrone didn't notice Deren coming in the room as his intention was on his wife and child, and when he noticed he raised an eyebrow towards Zelda asking her for an introduction silently.

"That's Deren Adams my cousin." She replied his unspoken question.

Deren forwarded his hand towards him. "Hello there, I'm assuming you are my brother-in-law." Deren stated more than asked.

"Yeah, nice to meet you. My wife never told me about you before." In fact she never told me about any of her family before. Tyrone wanted to add, but decided against it.

Deren turned to Zelda and said in a playful manner. "I'm wounded. I thought I was bragging-worthy."

"You wish." She laughed.

Tyrone smiled at their interaction.

"How are they?" Deren asked his tone turning serious.

"They're good, the doctor said that we can move them to our mini infirmary in the mansion." Tyrone said.

"Really?" Zelda asked.

"Yeah, we'll be moving them today. I already signed their discharge papers." Tyrone confirmed.

Deren nodded his head. "Well, then I guess I'll be heading back home, but I'll come back with the kids and Dema for a visit soon." He told Zelda, and kissed her forehead. "I think it's time, you revealed the truth." He murmured in her ear before heading to the door.

Zelda tensed. No she wasn't ready to reveal anything, just yet. Not when she still didn't get what she wanted, what she is still waiting for.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Zelda just exited the kids' room in the infirmary, and was heading to her room to get ready to sleep, when she noticed that the lights in Tyrone's room were off.

She decided to go in, and see if he were there or not.

When she opened the door, she saw his silhouette laying on his bed. She got in, and she made sure he was asleep, she sat on the edge of his bed, and put her hand on his cheek caressing it ever so slightly.

After awhile she mumbled an 'I'm sorry' before standing up, and exiting the room.

This was a routine to her, she did it every night since their argument a year or so ago. She would wait for however long until he's asleep, no matter how late that was to sneak into his room, and say the things she could never say in front of him, and she was planning on keeping on doing it until the mystery is solved.

Little did she know that unlike the other times that this time he was awake, and he heard every word she said.

A/N

Hello, my lovely readers. There's a new chapter for you, guys.

Please, don't forget to vote and comment.

Until next time.

Enjoy!

Mi-M-Ab.