Chapter 35

Sorry for the late update. Without further  ado...

Percy's Pov

After informing them about the meetings and picking up Serenity's cloak and mask, we left the arena and split ways, the army went to continue their assigned jobs, train or eat while Serenity, Tyson and I returned to the cabin.

We settled down in one of the sofas, when suddenly a flash filled the room. As the flash resided, we saw Poseidon standing in the middle of the room with a shocked expression on his face....

Tyson: Daddy!!!

Poseidon (Shocked): I actually got in here???

Me (smiling): Yup... Anyone who knows our identity and who we allow, can come in here...

Poseidon: Ohh... You, (pointing to Serenity) you scared me!!! I thought that stupid son of mine would harm you!!!

Serenity (laughing): That's silly... I'm the third most powerful being and you think he'd be able to beat me??? Even without being so powerful, I have years and years of experience...

Poseidon (looking slightly embarrassed): That makes sense... I guess I was too worried to think about it that way... (Smiling sheepishly) Who was that watery being that helped you??

Serenity (looking surprised): Ales didn't tell you??

Me: No... I wasn't able to tell everything... Not about the guardians or the contract and some other stuff....

Poseidon: What contract???

Serenity: Well, long story short... I had too much power in my body and went a bit out of control so Unknown, Ales' first dad, helped draw out those powers and made beings out of them. They are called 'guardians' and control particular elements, like Watery who controls water or Earthy who controls the earth. They are living beings with a free will and do whatever they want and go wherever they want to. Ohh and they take orders only from me, not even Unknown...

Poseidon: Ohh...

Serenity: Yup... They each supervise their elements and those who use them... Actually, one fourth of their power is given to gods, titans, and primordial and is passed on to their children. They also decide how much power the descendants of gods, titans and primordial are to have. That's why some demigods are more powerful than others even though they have the same godly parent. Like for example, only a selected few can charmspeak, control the mist or use fire even if their godly parent has many other children too...

Poseidon: Ohh... I always wondered about power variations in the demigods. I guess that answers that question...

Tyson: What about the contract thing??

Me: Well, each guardian can make a contract with one person- god, demigod, titan, mortal etc. – basically gives that person their powers, works with them and tries to protect them as much as possible. That's how Spark, Night and I got our powers back, only even stronger. Even the rest have formed contracts with particular guardians and have their powers... Mine is Watery...

Poseidon: Ohh... Anything else I should know that you've forgotten to tell me???

Me: Hmm... Yes... For one, you should know that we, as in Storm, Hero and I, were the ones who 'kidnapped' Bessie...

Poseidon: WHAT!!! You were the ones who stole the Ophiotaurus??? Do you know how much commotion that took after we found out that he went missing!!! We thought that some enemy stole him and would use him to overthrow us!!!