TWENTY-SEVEN

I felt safe and happy now that I was with Wade. After the shower, we lay on the bed- my head rested on his chest and I listened to his heart beat in rapid successions.

"So, Megan was the last person", I said, breaking the silence.

He chuckled, "yeah"

"Your right hand?"

"I trust her the most"

I drew circles on his chest mindlessly, "hmm", I hummed, "she's less enthusiastic now though, she used to smile excessively at work"

"She was undercover, it's normal to fake reactions to things when you're undercover", he said.

"Okay"

His fingers played around in my hair and I closed my eyes, smiling to myself as I reveled in the feeling of being close to him again. He smelt like freshly cut oranges and his body was warm.

"I wish I killed Noah", he said softly, "I swear I would have murdered him if anything had happened to you"

I opened my eyes and stared at him. The cuts on his face were barely visible after the shower he took. He had been furious about Noah being able to get away with a couple of men. I was only scared that he would come back.

"Where do you think he'll go?", I asked. I doubted he would head back to his apartment.

"Back to his boss, I suppose. He should know better than to even come back and mess with me", he gritted his teeth, "I will end him"

Wade's eyes darkened, "he went through such lengths to get to me. He made you fall in love with him", he said, "he's still going to pay for that", his gaze dropped to me and his eyes softened, "for now, however, I really just want to be with you"

He placed his hand on my cheek and caressed it with his thumb lovingly. I smiled.

There was a knock on the door, "come in", I said quickly before Wade could protest. The door opened and a man walked in. He looked familiar- like a younger Wade only with brown wavy hair but he had the same pretty eyes like a mix between brown and green.

"Hey Bells!", he said grinning.

"Axel?", I asked and he nodded cheerily.

I looked at Wade and noticed his eyes lit up at the sight of his brother.

"Oh my God, how are you?!", I asked as I got off the bed to hug him.

Axel squeezed and released me, "I'm fine, I got back a while ago"

"I wasn't expecting you for another week", Wade said as he got up from the bed.

"We closed early", Axel said to him.

"How's school?", I asked Axel.

"Oh, it's great!", he replied, "I couldn't believe it when I heard you were here but I'm glad you are", he added, "you've changed so much!", he said again.

I laughed, "and you got taller"

He did. The last time I saw Axel, he was short, skinny and still preferred playing video games to talking to girls. Now, he was taller than I was, almost the same height as Wade and his blue shirt fit him perfectly. I could tell he was athletic.

"You got prettier too", Axel said, "I missed you a lot, obviously not more than Wade because he won't stop talking about you", he added in an amusing tone

"Shouldn't you be resting?", Wade asked, interrupting Axel and I, "and I'm sure Mae missed you as well so go check up on her"

Axel and I chuckled, "I'll talk to you later", I said, pulling him in for another hug. He nodded and left the room, closing the door behind him.