Until now-Darry

Random imagine.

UNTIL NOW

Ina's POV

Ever since I was 17, my parents told me to go live with them. I had to leave Tulsa, and my friends behind. It was sad to let go the relationship I had with the gang. But after leaving Tulsa for 3 years, I've made a final decision to go back and visit the gang. My dad started to drink after my mom divorced him. My mother ended up two-timing him, so of course he had to be upset. At first I was supportive. His drinking got rough, and he started to be very violent. One day I'll come home from work, and he'll just come at me. Now that I'm 20, I could finally make my own choices.
"Attention all, we will soon arrive to Tulsa. Please buckle up and sit back. Thank you."

After two days, I've finally made it to Tulsa. I walked to there house and knew I was near once I saw the park. I still remember Ponyboy loves that park. Both Johnny and him will go and sit by the monkey bars. I reached there house. Nothing much changed. It was loud, as always. I didn't want to knock, so I quietly went over to the back, and climbed into Pony's and Sodapop's window. Sounded like they were all in the kitchen. Quietly I walked to the kitchen. Just in time, all the males were in the kitchen, all huddling for some reason. Quickly I rushed and in good timing I was able to jump on
Two-Bit, making him fall to the ground.
" What in golly hell."
He rubbed the back of his head, and then the rest of the men turned around.
" Well ain't ya gonna say hello?"
Cheesy smiles were put on there faces. 'Ina!' They all yelled. We got into a big hug and out of nowhere Two-Bit started to jump up and down, making Steve and Soda pick me up.
"I'm not in some quinceanera am I?"
We all laughed, and they put me down. I noticed that there was one person missing. Darry. And dally.
"Where's Darry?"
"He's at work. But he'll be back in no time. You should stay for dinner," Soda said.
I nodded.
"Of course! Wouldn't want to miss his famous chocolate cake."

A few minutes turned to hours. Darry was nowhere near home. Soda and Pony tried to go look for him, but they haven't heard nothing.
"Maybe he's working extra hours." Steve said.
Two-Bit shook his head and took a sip from his beer.
"Nah, that old man wouldn't want to deal with more hours. He had babies to take care of. Seems like he's abandoned us."
Soda smacked the back of his head.
"Darry will never do such a thing. He loves us too much. Or maybe you specifically too little."
I chuckled.
A few minutes later, we stood there playing card games. It was already eight. I was getting really impatient.
"Okay so we all know Steve's the first one to go. But we all know I'll get adopted first. I'm too good looking."
Everyone sarcastically laughed.
"Yeah more like white trash looking."
Two-Bit and Soda have been going at it ever since. But it was pretty funny seeing them go off like that. The door roughly opened. Dally was breathing heavily.
"We need to go to the hospital now. Darry's injured! Man got jumped by a Soc gang."

~

The doctor led us to his room. She opened the door, and glared at Dally.
"Please don't touch anything."
We went inside, and there laid Darry. Totally wrecked. I went to sit beside him. He had bruises all over. The gang came along and just stood quietly.
"We'll be back. Take your time."
I nodded. They left and I turned my attention to Darry. He was devastated.
"Darry, I'm back. I don't know if you can hear me. It's Ina. It's great seeing you again."
I grabbed his hand and squeezed it. Tears started to form. My head collapsed onto his hand. I couldn't help it. I'm back and Darry's halfway into a concussion. His hand moved and then I felt his fingers move. I looked up and saw him tearing up too.
"Darry, hey, how you doin? I'm sorry you gotta see me this way, but I thought that you were in danger."
He smiled.
"Oh Ina it's so great to see you again. When did you arrive?"
"Just today."
Darry carefully got up, with the help of my grip on his hand. He hugged me and kissed the top of my head.
"You don't know how much I've missed you."
In awe I quietly smiled.
We pulled apart.
"I'm glad to see you too, Darry. It's been different over these past three years."
He placed his hands on both of my arms.
"Y'know, I've never realized that I missed you so much. That I've loved you and kept it inside for such a long time."
I smiled.
"Darry, you feel the same? I've loved you too. But I didn't have the guts to actually tell you."
He got a hold of my face, and brought it closer to his. It was until I get his lips, I too realized how much I've loved him. I grabbed his face and brought him closer, gently.
"Woah, we leave for like a few minutes and ya getting on it already? I knew you like her, Darry."
We quickly pulled away. Two-Bit, like a little child, patted Pony's head.
"Looks like you got an older sister too. And a hot one." Two-Bit laughed.
Darry threw a near by pillow and it hit
Two-Bits head. Talk about a headshot.
Darry hugged me from behind and whispered.
"I love you, Ina."