55. Insane

[Edited]

Jungkook said nothing the entire car ride.

The air was smothering, over powered in a dreary charged tension as we pulled into his parents driveway. I barely managed to catch a glimpse of his sullen face as he didn't wait for me to get out of the car, storming into the mansion, once beautiful now more along the lines of a large colorless box.

It was as if Ji-eun held the paintbrush to their vivid colorful world and now that she's gone the canvas turned lifeless, empty.

I stared down at my hands, watching as they continued to shake profusely even when resting against the steering wheel.

She's gone. So quick so sudden, all we have left are memories.

Memories and an unstable aftermath.

--

"There's something you should know... Mr. and Mrs. Jeon, if you would follow me to my office where we can speak more privately."

I watched as Jungkook's parents exchanged a weird look before nodding to the doctor. The atmosphere quickly changed, deep set agony shifting, twisting into eerie caution between the parents. 

Their son faltered, sputtering out of control as they turned to walk away.

"Wait, I'm coming too, I have the right to know-- "

"Jungkook," his mothers voice was stern through her tears and her hand rested on his arm gently, as comforting as she could be in these moments. "Go home, our home. You can bring-- " her teary eyes still managed to glare in my direction briefly. "her with you."

'The death of her daughter and she still manages to hate me.'

Jungkook shook his head violently, orbs wild and dangerous as he stared defiantly into her eyes. "No, Mother I-- "

"Listen to your mother, Jungkook. You've done enough as it is," his father's cold voice rang out and the doctor cleared his throat, looking uncomfortably in Jungkook's direction. 

"Listen, young man, I understand what you're going through is hard, and-- "

Jungkook's dark manic chuckle hushed the doctor into silence. "Hard? As hard as it was watching my sister die on the operating table?"

"Jungkook," Daniel warned, taking a wary step in his younger brother's direction.

"How do you sleep at night, huh? Knowing you allowed a young girl to die in your care? How is it so easy for you to look me in the eye right now and tell me that you let my sister die?!"